Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: taking some time off

adanthar,

I hadn't realized you were in Korea/on a plane for a significant portion of the time, but that would explain a lot. That being said, I still don't like how absurd it got before you locked it and took any action, but that's of a much lesser concern.

As to why I come off bad, if it's because:

1) I'm a dick and unapologetic online (Diomed is an idiot and I've explained to him online why I was delayed; he continually drunk IM'd me regardless and I was civil with him nonetheless), I don't care. I could care less about what most people online think of me; this much is something you all know.

2) If it's because of my actual reputation being smeared, I do care. Whatever beset said about there being adequate evidence to file a tort in various states, while possibly accurate, isn't a strategy I would employ; the reasons being that Internet forums tend to generate this type of unsubstantiated drama so therefore I should know what I'm getting into by simply participating, and because I don't want to drag 2+2's name through the mud or give it any undue attention. Admittedly, the second reason is lesser than the first.

I can't adequately defend myself from DammitBob's allegations because to do so would be to break confidentiality agreements I have signed with investors and with my lawyers. As a result, I am left defenseless and open to pretty much any allegation anyone wants to file against me. Since I can't say much in response to what people have to say, I am obviously going to be angry and upset with both the people in the thread and with adanthar for not being able to lock down the discussion in which I cannot clearly argue in my favor for (other than to state my interpretations of the situation which will clearly get twisted and turned against me regardless of the truth).

That all being said, I already PM'd Mat about resignation and I'm about 95% sure that I no longer want to be a part of 2+2's moderator team and because I need to step back posting on the site that is more or less pissing me off on a daily basis (and distracting me from work). Not to pull a Brett Favre on you guys, but I'll let you know my final decision after I let it settle and think about it with a clear head.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:35 PM

kyle,

"it's end"

its
Old 10-09-2007, 10:24 PM

oh noes, if kyleb leaves i will go back to being the meanest mod imo
Old 10-09-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kyle,

"it's end"

its

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, kyle writes these long posts and your only response is to be a grammar nit. Classic.

kyleb, I do think to a degree you're reaping what you've sown in the court of public opinion. You can't go around calling a large percentage of the poster base names and then be surprised when they aren't there to support you. I have no problem with you nor have I ever; if you like I will gladly post in that thread that you and I have made wagers that you made gone on (and if you want that it took awhile, heh, but I wasn't exactly sweating it and I think even suggested calling it off but you insisted that a bet was a bet).

I also think that you're being a drama queen with all this "I might resign" nonsense and that you will indeed continue to be a site contributor. I hope so - your contributions to the Sports forum among others would be missed.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:59 PM

tug,

I always think this whole "LOOK AT ME, OMG I MIGHT HAVE TO QUIT 2+2 I'M SERIOUS DUDES, OK WAIT I'M GONNA TAKE SOME TIME TO THINK ABOUT THIS AND WILL GET BACK TO YOU WITH MY DECISION, MAYBE IF YOU ALL TELL ME I RULE I'LL COME BACK" type stuff is just so [censored] ridiculous.

If someone wants to quit 2+2, they can just quit. No reason to make a big production out of it. Nobody gives a [censored]. OK, well, maybe someone does. But I sure as [censored] don't.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:11 PM

again, i see no reason why adanthar should lock that thread. i'm pretty sure every time these disputes come up it's considered fine to post about it to get some resolution.

also, what el d said.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:25 PM

El D,

I'd be sad if you left 2p2.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tug,

I always think this whole "LOOK AT ME, OMG I MIGHT HAVE TO QUIT 2+2 I'M SERIOUS DUDES, OK WAIT I'M GONNA TAKE SOME TIME TO THINK ABOUT THIS AND WILL GET BACK TO YOU WITH MY DECISION, MAYBE IF YOU ALL TELL ME I RULE I'LL COME BACK" type stuff is just so [censored] ridiculous.

If someone wants to quit 2+2, they can just quit. No reason to make a big production out of it. Nobody gives a [censored]. OK, well, maybe someone does. But I sure as [censored] don't.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:31 AM

I was merely saying that I felt like resigning at a given time and was going to think about it. At any rate, I wanted to provide ample time to find someone to replace me in the interim rather than just up and leaving.

It's not for "drama" purposes. Shut the [censored] up you morans.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:33 AM

whatever man we all know you're not actually going to quit, despite your 95% chance comment.