FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Top Chef \"Chef Overboard\" Sept 5, 2007

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"It's a judge's decision Howie, not yours."

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is of course... BS. What are they going to do? Stand behind with a whip forcing him to cook. The whole thing looked stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. But they have to make sure it looks like the show is based on the Judges and not the cooks. I wouldn't be surprised if Howie said it and just left, and they editted it later to make it look like a decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

They probably cut out alot of that discussion between Howie and the judges. Howie may have been telling them how they should run the show and judging.

The beauty of editing.

b
Old 09-10-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

They probably cut out alot of that discussion between Howie and the judges. Howie may have been telling them how they should run the show and judging.

The beauty of editing.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right. "If the cat's out of the bag..."
Old 09-10-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"It's a judge's decision Howie, not yours."

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is of course... BS. What are they going to do? Stand behind with a whip forcing him to cook. The whole thing looked stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. But they have to make sure it looks like the show is based on the Judges and not the cooks. I wouldn't be surprised if Howie said it and just left, and they editted it later to make it look like a decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

The beauty of editing.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I just re-watched the whole Howie scene. After he tells the judges off and says make your decision, Judge Tom said, "Why don't you guys get out of here, we have some things to discuss"; they show the chefs leaving. There are 2 seperate shots of the chefs leaving the room, and in both shots, Howie is missing. He was standing between Hung and Brian when the judges are talking, and when everyone is leaving, Hung and Brian are next to each other and Sara is behind them, but Howie is nowhere to be found.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

OK, I just re-watched the whole Howie scene. After he tells the judges off and says make your decision, Judge Tom said, "Why don't you guys get out of here, we have some things to discuss"; they show the chefs leaving. There are 2 seperate shots of the chefs leaving the room, and in both shots, Howie is missing. He was standing between Hung and Brian when the judges are talking, and when everyone is leaving, Hung and Brian are next to each other and Sara is behind them, but Howie is nowhere to be found.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good catch!
Old 09-10-2007, 01:09 PM

Hm - actually, IIRC, during Howie's exit interview he mentions that "do I regret my decision? no." Seems to imply he did remove himself from the competition.

Either way it's a bit of a moot point, because he was going to be eliminated by the judges anyway, and I think it's an asshat move on his part. It's just too bad we didn't see him rip on the judges more...

-Al