Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine

Old 09-03-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Card Removal Effects

This excellent article probably won't spark a lot of discussion because there are no questions left. Case closed.

Let me just take the opportunity to thank the author for putting a piece into the huge puzzle of poker wisdom.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Card Removal Effects

yes ty bery much
Old 09-07-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This excellent article probably won't spark a lot of discussion because there are no questions left. Case closed.

Let me just take the opportunity to thank the author for putting a piece into the huge puzzle of poker wisdom.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. Glad to know it was appreciated.

Tysen
Old 09-08-2007, 04:46 PM

Doesn't seem to print out in color for me - anybody else having this problem?
Old 09-20-2007, 09:52 PM

off topic

1. IMPs. N-S vul.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]64 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J72 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]AQ652 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]874

West....North....East....South
1[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]____Dbl____Pass____1[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
1[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]____1[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]____Pass____?

Freeman, "...partner has a big one-suited hand
with long spades or a balanced 18-plus points
with only a five-card suit...."

I disagree with this statement. There is a third
and most likely possibility. Pard is 5-3-4-1.
He has the same 11 highs he doubled with. How
else can you find 5-3 in spades with half the
deck.
Therefore 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is 100 and all other bids
are zero.

jogs
Old 09-21-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
off topic

1. IMPs. N-S vul.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]64 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J72 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]AQ652 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]874

1[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]____Dbl____Pass____1[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
1[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]____1[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]____Pass____?

deck.
are zero.

jogs

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm inclined to believe he does have a strong spade hand. With 5-3-4-1, I would usually overcall 1[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] rather than double. Change it to 5-4-3-1 and double becomes preferable.

Tysen
Old 09-21-2007, 07:30 PM

http://messages.yahoo.com/Recreation...okerin20032004

I posted my reply on the above forum under
It's your call.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
off topic

1. IMPs. N-S vul.

deck.
are zero.

jogs

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm inclined to believe he does have a strong spade hand. With 5-3-4-1, I would usually overcall 1[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] rather than double. Change it to 5-4-3-1 and double becomes preferable.

Tysen

[/ QUOTE ]

Something's fishy here. What is East's hand like to pass both times? Weak, probably without a huge fit in clubs for partner as no 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] over the 1[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. What is West's hand like? Who bids 1[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] here after the dbl? I'd think West should have 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and 5:hearts: before considering this. With 55 he'd start with hearts and with 54 he wouldn't bid hearts given pass from partner and dbl indicating likely 4 hearts with north. If partner had a balanced or semi-balanced hand with clubs and hearts stopped and 18+ points he should bid nt and not spades. If partner doesn't have those stopped or has a big - but not huge - hand he should bid 1[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. With a huge hand he should cue bid the opps suit. The south hand actually a pretty good one for the bidding so far as 7 points and 1.5 QT is better than the 0-0 we've promised. I'd say we should bid something and 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] will have a chance if partner is strong, but think 2, or maybe 3, [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is probably best.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Something's fishy here. What is East's hand like to pass both times? Weak, probably without a huge fit in clubs for partner as no 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] over the 1[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. What is West's hand like? Who bids 1[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] here after the dbl? I'd think West should have 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and 5:hearts: before considering this. With 55 he'd start with hearts and with 54 he wouldn't bid hearts given pass from partner and dbl indicating likely 4 hearts with north. If partner had a balanced or semi-balanced hand with clubs and hearts stopped and 18+ points he should bid nt and not spades. If partner doesn't have those stopped or has a big - but not huge - hand he should bid 1[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. With a huge hand he should cue bid the opps suit. The south hand actually a pretty good one for the bidding so far as 7 points and 1.5 QT is better than the 0-0 we've promised. I'd say we should bid something and 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] will have a chance if partner is strong, but think 2, or maybe 3, [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is probably best.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://messages.yahoo.com/Recreation_%26...frt=2&off=1

Please continuation the discussion on this message board.
It's a Yahoo! message board which is mostly only used by me.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:26 AM

I wonder... if 2+2 will ever publish books or articles from Audrey Grant.