Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Re: 2/4 nut boat get one outed?

morphball...i'm not sure you know what bluffing means.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:56 PM

FWIW, this hand goes from betting the nuts on the flop. To trying to extract value from high pockets and not scaring them off...which is key. I think, and I'm sure many agree, that villians will raise a very large % of the time here with 5XXX and not get cute in a multi way raised pot, esp when someone leads weak and theres straight draws, not to mention overcards that could pair overboats.

The thing is though, you want to remain in control so you know where you are in the hand. If you check, AA/KK/QQ might very well bet and you'll be guessing, and other times they will check and you will lose value. I think you NEED to bet this to get value from pocket pairs, by value betting turn/river.

Bet $60 on turn.
Bet $135 on river if he calls.
Fold if he shoves river.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bet $60 on turn.
Bet $135 on river if he calls.
Fold if he shoves river.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not check/call river? A faked quad value bet coming from an overpair would seldom be higher than $135 anyways (or a real one), no? Things reversed would anyone push full pot on the river holding the case 5?
Old 06-12-2007, 06:07 PM

If we check a river, I think we'll get alot of check behinds that will call if we would have bet. If we bet, the only hand that I believe will raise will be hands that beat us, overpairs will just call and want to close out the action. Also if we check, it might incourage psb from either a 5 or air and leave us guessing.

Things reversed:

If i was villian here with a 5, I would have raised the flop and value bet the turn and river. If we are the hero in this hand I could continue to bet the turn for like 3/4 and then value bet the river. I rarely make pot sized bets unless someone has raised my bet and action is back on me. When it gets checked to me or I am first to act, I almost never make pot sized bets.