Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: 2/4 nut boat get one outed?

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, villian has 5 in his range here a lot on the flop. Without reads, I would have to say he has a 5 at least 33% of the time.

On the turn, if you bet, and villian calls or raises, he'll have a 5 a lot, but if you check, villian will bet the hands without a 5 a fair bunch to.

I think the turn is check, and maybe a c/r-bluff if villian bets small, otherwise fold. (I think you can almost raise the minimum in this spot, this is one of the cleapest c/r bluff situations you will get in PLO.) If Villian checks behind on turn, bet the river in a callable amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you trying to "bluff"?
Old 06-11-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, villian has 5 in his range here a lot on the flop. Without reads, I would have to say he has a 5 at least 33% of the time.

On the turn, if you bet, and villian calls or raises, he'll have a 5 a lot, but if you check, villian will bet the hands without a 5 a fair bunch to.

I think the turn is check, and maybe a c/r-bluff if villian bets small, otherwise fold. (I think you can almost raise the minimum in this spot, this is one of the cleapest c/r bluff situations you will get in PLO.) If Villian checks behind on turn, bet the river in a callable amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually try to bluff the person in the hand with me, you?
Old 06-11-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually try to bluff the person in the hand with me, you?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2007, 07:46 PM

It is impossible to bluff a better hand out of the pot, because you hold the second nuts.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:00 PM

If we bet I highly doubt we get called by anything but a 5. I would check/call the turn and check/call the river. It allows a guy to turn a 67,79 into a bluff if he's bad/loose.

I guess we could bet $60 and fold to a raise but once again what do we expect to get called with profitably?
Old 06-12-2007, 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
bluff him off the other 88 obv.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:34 AM

i think here your good flop lead represents a 5 as alot of players would bet less with the current nuts to get a raggy 5 to come for the ride

i think betting between 1/3 and 1/2 of the pot is something you would do with quads, so im happy to do that here. if he calls/raises im giving up
Old 06-12-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 3rd five turns your hand into a bluffing hand because you're folding to any serious action. So you're "bluffing" from this point forward. Acting smart about my comments doesn't change the fact that all of you agree that if this hand goes to showdown, OP will often lose.

Just because your hand has showdown value if the betting were to end, does not mean any future bets you make are not "bluffs". I think they are calling these "value bluffs" in the hold'em forums.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 3rd five turns your hand into a bluffing hand because you're folding to any serious action. So you're "bluffing" from this point forward. Acting smart about my comments doesn't change the fact that all of you agree that if this hand goes to showdown, OP will often lose.

Just because your hand has showdown value if the betting were to end, does not mean any future bets you make are not "bluffs". I think they are calling these "value bluffs" in the hold'em forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is retarded.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:17 AM

Morphball, you might want to find a new game.. like go fish.