Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 04:52 AM

Default Nothing Like Rockets OOP (FTP $50)

Before I post this hand, let me say a little something about myself, since this is my first post here. I started playing online in mid April with a deposit of $100 in FTP. From there, I grinded from $5 SNGs to the $10 NL 6-handed tables to the $25 NL 6-handed tables. I kept running this guy at the $25 tables who went by SirFelixCat. He was solid and I respected his play. At first, I tried to outplay him but realized it was best if I didn't tangle with at all, because he would kick my ass. We started talking one day and during one of our conversations, he encouraged me to post here. I jumped up to the $50 max tables last week and decided that I could use the help of other people analyzing my hands. Thanks in advance, everyone, and I hope I can help you guys as much as you can hopefully help me. To the hand:

I really had no idea where I was at on the flop after villain raised me. His range in my mind included AK, KQ, KJ, maybe JJ or 55. His stats were 31/13/1.59.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $56.75
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $68.25</font>
UTG: $10.60
MP: $18.80
CO: $16.80
BTN: $112.85

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.50</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, BTN calls $2.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($8.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $15.00</font>, Hero calls $10.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($38.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $20.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $49.25</font>, BTN calls $29.25

<font color="black">River:</font> ($136.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $136.75 ($3 Rake)

Anyway, what do we think about this line? I don't know how I feel about it.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:56 AM

Default Re: Nothing Like Rockets OOP (FTP $50)

You're virtually never winning when all the money goes in. I'd reraise more preflop, I don't give set miners odds to call every 3 bet. Between 5-6.

I'd 3 bet the flop or fold. No stack a donking the turn on that board. With his agression I'd lean towards a fold
Old 06-08-2007, 05:38 AM

Increase the preflop raise to perhaps $6-7.

At the flop he has me convinced that he has KK and hit the flop.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think a typical person would play KK so quickly?

Do you want to elaborate because I am not sure I agree with you or understand exactly how you come to this. He could be possibly stealing on the button so his range does not have to be so narrow.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Increase the preflop raise to perhaps $6-7.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's just, or more likely to have JJ or 55 as he's likely 4betting KK PF.

I would 3b the flop. Decide if and when he comes back over the top whether you're committed or not.
EDIT what i mean is will he 4b the flop with AK? or only sets? or will he slowplay a set upon being 3b.