Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Re: sults

I think the double check of my cards on the river is great with the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], or any time I want to increase his betting range, in this spot. I probably lose value/gain fold "equity" for the raise part, but I definitely gain a ton with the check part.

In the actual hand, I had the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and thought to myself "his range should be so wide, here, that he almost never has a hand that can call a raise here," this would probably a good push right now with ATC.

One flaw in this logic, obviously, is that when I have the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I don't have to fear the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], which is pretty consistent with his line. I feel like it was pretty obvious that he was FOS on his river bet (this is live), but obviously it's easy to say that when I have the nuts.

He folded before my chips crossed the line.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:51 PM

Default Re: C/R on a 4-Flush Board: $2/$5 Live

I like your line in both cases. The fact that he didn't be the turn decreases the chance he has the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. And I don't think he can call w/o those. From his position he should be betting practically everything given how you played the hand and the fake tell.

The diamond check thing on the river probably works best against stronger players but this player could have picked it up as weakness.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:02 PM

Default Re: C/R on a 4-Flush Board: $2/$5 Live

[ QUOTE ]

this line is great w/ the A of diamonds and pretty bad without it i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

my sentiments exactly