Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: 2/4 AA kinda deep

You played it perfectly on each street (bet sizing etc), call of course.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You played it perfectly on each street (bet sizing etc), call of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, thanks, that's great to hear.

My NL experience has gone something like:
Limidonk/cs->nit->semi-lag
and I'm still learning what effects being LAGy has on the players around me, i'm not comfortable calling a push w/ AA on this board for 150bbs, but maybe I should be since my opponents have been reacting in bizarre ways? (sane-seeming opp b3b AI on K545 trn w/ 99 after minraising my cbet on the flop for 130bbs, i had A5s) I guess when you pound on ppl long enough they break?

Anyway, his insta-push caught me off guard, I was trying to get it in by the river, for some reason i didn't think he'd c/r AJ/QQ here though (i base this on no history, just how these games play)
that left KK/AA and sets (and the double gutter on the flop, if he'd call it pre which is HIGHLY doubtful)...I timed down and folded. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

does it make a difference if i hesitated for ~5-6 seconds before betting? i'm playing left-handed (carpal tunnel) and i'm not so good at clicking the bet amount box yet.

Surf
Old 02-03-2007, 12:55 AM

Surf in terms of bet sizing your basically right in r/r'd pots there's normally enough in pre that by 1/2 to 2/3 potting you can get all in if you want so it's normally not necessary to bet close to full pot.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:11 AM

insta = call
Old 02-03-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
insta = call

[/ QUOTE ]

Does he really think to himself (with QQ or AJ or JT or some-such) "okay, no matter what he bets i'm pushing, b/c i really want to get 150bbs in on this board."

I can understand if i bet smallish and he saw it, a lightbulb goes off and he starts to put me on AK or an a crap pair or something, but he didn't even have time to see that i bet small-ish.

Surf
Old 02-03-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
insta = call

[/ QUOTE ]

Does he really think to himself (with QQ or AJ or JT or some-such) "okay, no matter what he bets i'm pushing, b/c i really want to get 150bbs in on this board."

I can understand if i bet smallish and he saw it, a lightbulb goes off and he starts to put me on AK or an a crap pair or something, but he didn't even have time to see that i bet small-ish.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

if i didnt want to call a c/r on this board, id probably check behind and be content to call a riv bet or value bet if he checks behind. if i bet this, with any semblance of a hand, and villain puts it in, im beating them into the pot.

the exception would have to be people who love to just call down with something like 99, QJ, QQ, 87, etc. but when they push here its 88, 55, or JJ. those people are rare.

on the turn after you bet, you must call 375 to win ~1230.So you need ~30% equity vs his range; clearly, if his range is just sets, your equity does not meet this (2 outs not good enough!) but even if you throw in like 56, 86 (2paired things on you) you have decent calling equity.. and if he ever has QQ, KK, Jx, 87, HH, air, w/e. this is an easy easy call.

so to answer your question, does he really think those hands are worth pushing, universially "sure." Of course, if those villains know your hand, they probably wouldnt make the same move (although some morons may) but since they dont know your hand, and can only guess at a handrange, then yes, those hands are worth pushing