Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Horse Betting

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks all for the awesome answers.
One problem I have noticed is that just getting full info on past performances/etc. is like several bucks a horse, and a full membership can run several hundred to 1k per year at some of these sites. So I would need to be betting pretty big to make up for this - but there's no way I would ever bet significant $ just starting out having no idea what I'm doing. I can definately see the value of being part of a big group also, it seems like a big part of this is taking the time to put together unique stats/angles on individual tracks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get free PPs from Brisbet for a $2 bet, for every track you bet you get that day's PP for free. They are also running a promotion where you get all PPs free until 2/14/2007, I believe they may be considering making that permanent with some minimum bet level per month. Even if you download the PP and can't find a +ev bet you can just make a $2 show bet on a favorite which should cost less than $.25 in the long run.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:34 PM

There are occasionally clear overlays in Place and Show pools. There have been instances of horses paying more to Show than Win - yes it makes no sense, yes it's rare, and yes it happens now and again.

The beauty of parimutuel betting!
Old 05-24-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are occasionally clear overlays in Place and Show pools. There have been instances of horses paying more to Show than Win - yes it makes no sense, yes it's rare, and yes it happens now and again.

The beauty of parimutuel betting!

[/ QUOTE ]

This happened at the 2002 PA Derby. I was there and to date it is one of the weirdest races I have ever seen. I have no idea how to find the results of that race to post them. Can someone help me out?
Old 05-25-2007, 12:54 AM

When you talk "horseracing" do you include trot?
I'm curious because trot is huge over here and I followed it for most of my life, also on sunday the most prestigeous race is run here (with a few american horses)
Old 05-25-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Are there any good reasons to bet live over online?

[/ QUOTE ] No, never, none.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isnt it important to see how the horses are acting in the paddock?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:07 PM

The wife and I are heading to Golden Gate Fields tomorrow for pure entertainment.

I have never attended a horse race in my life, let alone bet on one and any (extremely) basic betting tips would be appreciated.

Thanks...
Old 05-28-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The wife and I are heading to Golden Gate Fields tomorrow for pure entertainment.

I have never attended a horse race in my life, let alone bet on one and any (extremely) basic betting tips would be appreciated.

Thanks...

[/ QUOTE ]

Find out who the best jockeys are and bet them to win and show. You won't make a ton of money, but you'll have a sweat most races.