Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 08:33 PM

Default 25NL: Set with hateful turn

INdeerhunter has doubled twice after buying in short and is at 33/9/1.1 over 85 hands this session.
Roy L Factor has been playing 29/10/1.3 over the 50 hands this session.
This is my first session playing with either villian, and I have been hitting hands and raising a lot so my image is a little aggro.

Seat 1: TimmyWie ($37.20)
Seat 2: PokerPat34 ($5.65)
Seat 3: INDeerHunter ($18.80)
Seat 4: LaelJ ($25)
Seat 5: Roy L Shaft ($27.20)
Seat 6: aleber ($50.70)
INDeerHunter posts the small blind of $0.10
LaelJ posts the big blind of $0.25

Roy L Shaft calls, aleber calls, <font color="red"> Hero</font> 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="red"> raises to 1.35, </font> Pokerpat34 calls, INDeerHunter calls, LaelJ folds, Roy L Shaft calls, aleber calls.

Pot = $7
Flop T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 Checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets 7 </font> Pokerpat folds, INDeerHunter calls, Roy L Shaft calls, aleber folds.

Pot = $28
Flop T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Turn 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> INDeerHunter bets 10.45 and is all in</font> Roy L Shaft calls $10.45, Hero calls.

Pot = $59.35
River: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> Roy L Shaft bets all in 8.80</font>
Hero calls

I'm confused about what my line should be on the turn/river. I considered shoving to get value vs a Roy L flush draw, and folding because I'm very likely behind. I decided folding was idiotic because of the pot odds/my likelyhood of filling up. So, call or shove turn? Call or fold river?

Thank you,
Velocity
Old 01-23-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: 25NL: Set with hateful turn

I'm not in favor of pushing the turn. Roy's only folding if he had a flush draw and misses. If you hit yours, you'll get paid, and if you don't, at least you saved the $8.80. Don't fold, though.

Fold the river. One of these guys has a 9, at least. Or are OP's odds too good here?
Old 01-23-2007, 08:49 PM

Preflop: With two ep limpers, I'd probably just limp behind and play for set value. What were aleber's stats?

Flop: You bet the pot which is good, but with that coordinated of a board and five to the flop, I over bet the pot. Getting one caller gives anyone drawing decent odds to come along.

Turn: All this action is of course scary, but I think there are enough draws and two pair combinations that I shove this turn. If someone floped the straight or set or hit a gut shot on the turn, I'll pay them off here.

I think this board is just too scary to not be shoving here though, I don't like flat calling.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What were aleber's stats?

[/ QUOTE ]
aleber were 27/3/.3 over 60 hands I have