Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 04:22 PM

Default Nine.com Says Rake Back on Prima is Discontinued

Just received the following email from Nine Poker:

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

As a new member of the Microgaming (Prima) Network (www.microgaming.com), Nine.com Poker regrets to inform you, effective immediately, that we must discontinue all poker rakeback programs. To that end, we would ask that you promptly remove any and all references (imagery, copy, links, etc.) to Nine.com Poker offering rakeback from your site. The removal of all such references must be complete by Tuesday, November 28th, 2006.

We will, of course, continue to pay you for any players you have brought to Nine.com Poker on the same revenue share deal you are currently on. We will also be carefully calculating, through the new VIP Profits affiliate system, any outstanding commissions that may be due to you and will add these payments to your November commissions.

While we can no longer participate in rakeback programs we are still very much open to poker affiliate deals for any of you who have non-rakeback sites. Please contact me individually on this so that we can discuss further.

The discontinuation of all poker rakeback programs is a result of Microgaming’s recent amendment to their rakeback policy, which prohibits all poker rooms on their network from offering rakeback to players either directly or through affiliate partners.

Nine.com Poker sends its sincere apologies to all partners affected by this recent development and want to reiterate that we are still very much open to affiliate relationships on non-rakeback sites. You will continue to get paid for any action these players drive and all commissions generated from the past.

Thank you for your patience and continued loyalty. As always, please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments or concerns and I will do my best to address them.

Regards,

Simon Eaton

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-22-2006, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Nine.com Says Rake Back on Prima is Discontinued

Whoa wtf.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:31 PM

Told ya .. And rakeback isn't dead on prima, PUBLIC rakeback is. They want it gone, no more public advertising, all new players will be at 30%
Old 11-22-2006, 04:45 PM

I loved playing on Nine when it was Action. They had the softest games on the net outside of Boss. Is Nine live yet on Prima?
Old 11-22-2006, 05:02 PM

When does all this prima stuff go into effect?
Old 11-22-2006, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Told ya .. And rakeback isn't dead on prima, PUBLIC rakeback is. They want it gone, no more public advertising, all new players will be at 30%

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron,

Actually uBrake broke the news that something was happening... but now that we have seen an actual communication from a skin to affiliates... I will ask again, how do you know that what you are saying is correct?

What you are saying is very different from the communication posted in OP...

... and Has anyone seen the communication from Prima to the Skins?
Old 11-22-2006, 05:18 PM

Wait which information? About the 30% cap? I asked 2 of the sites directly what was going to happen, if i could refer friends in the future for RB etc..
Old 11-22-2006, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait which information? About the 30% cap? I asked 2 of the sites directly what was going to happen, if i could refer friends in the future for RB etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

I will simply quote from the Skins to Affiliate communication...

[ QUOTE ]
The discontinuation of all poker rakeback programs is a result of Microgaming’s recent amendment to their rakeback policy, which prohibits all poker rooms on their network from offering rakeback to players either directly or through affiliate partners.

[/ QUOTE ]

We all know what it means when a Network "prohibits rakeback to players"...

Are you saying that "you know" reputable Skins & reputable Affiliates are both going to ignore this new policy mandate from Microgaming(Prima)?

[Assuming that what was communicated in that email to affiliates, is a true representation of what Prima actually told the Skins]
Old 11-22-2006, 05:42 PM

it all comes down to whether they discontinue individual reports to the affiliates. that is the litmus test of whether they are really anti rakeback.

personally, i question any site that doesn't give individual stats because to me, it appears the site is making it impossible to check up on their numbers, and that seems like they would just as soon short the affiliates by underpaying. i would never put it past party to do that! in fact i think they did that on several occasions. however, because of the no rakeback policy, how would you be able to question them?
Old 11-22-2006, 07:07 PM

What I've been told is, this is a PUBLIC stance. There is no more PUBLIC rakeback. It sounds like private rakeback is still fine, but only at 30%. But NOTHING will be public. If there is, there will be harsh penaltys.