Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2006, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Any stories about dial-up and poker?

yes, those pokerroom updates were sucky on the dial-up line.

Same for Absolute and UB which seemed to have frequent updates also...but not as frequent as pokerroom.

I think software difference vary by computer or something.
Pokerstars usually was one of the best sites for me to play on via dial-up.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:15 PM

For about 50 or 60 a month you could get verizon wireless internet access. Better than dial up. I do use dial up once in a while and never really have much of a problem.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:23 PM

If his GF lives in an area where they don't have broadband-access then there's a chance they wouldn't get the signal necessary for Verizon National Access.

I have actually been in places where Verizon Access actually doesn't work but you have to be kind of remote I think.

I definitely think that Verizon Access would be worth looking into in this situation though unless they are REALLY freaking remote or something.

When I got it there was a 15-day trial period during which you could cancel the plan if you weren't satisfied. If they still have this then you would have nothing to use.

I think it's perfect for people who might be travelling or moving around a lot. Much better than having to pay $10/day in hotels or airports which is becoming more and more the standard.

I'll be moving from city to city fairly soon for a few months at a time just travelling around and enjoying the flexibility one can have as an online-poker pro.
I won't have to set up one hi-speed connection after another as I travel around because I already have the Verizon card and will get broadband-access in 180 cities in the country...and 2x dial-up speed in most other places.

cnfuzzed should do a search for the discussion we had about verizon broadband-access about a week ago and look into whether that is an option for their upcoming situation.