Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on this hand

Sorry, I meant to give OP a chance to hit two pair, which gives him much needed equity vs. a similar draw. The pair in hand is a liability here.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like almost all elements of this scenario. The PFR-er is in early position, so only UTG could be sandbagging. As you pointed out, CO is short-stacked, so you will likely be putting much less of your stack at risk than your raise implies. Your draw fares well against a bare set or two pair. Your meta-game points are well taken.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking as well. I didn't really see anyone else mention that first point and I think it's pretty important. Lots of people will go for the c/r on the pfr, but most of the players had the opportunity to bet after the pfr checked and they all checked.

You're in the perfect spot to force those other draws to fold, tho I think you may get called some of the time by players who don't bet the flop with stronger draws but will call.

Someone said something like meta-game stuff doesn't matter at 200. That's completely wrong. I'm not sure how much this hand had to do with the winnings afterwards, but players will certainly notice. If you can exploit this image, it's great.

Good thread and posts, pjn.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:35 PM

You're a fish. Next question.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like this play. i do it quite often in situations where i think i can get HU with a decent drawing hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, and this is really important to note, if you have a "decent drawing hand" then you really don't want to be getting heads up. You see, "decent drawing hands" quite like having several callers, since their nut flush draw and straight draws aren't hurt by more callers, in fact they help nicely.
Secondly, and this is most important, he doesn't have a decent drawing hand at all. At PLO $200, nobody ever, and I repeat, ever folds a nut flush draw no matter how much you bet. And here is the really sucky part about it, for for the first time in his life, the guy who can't fold his nut flush draw, well he has you by the balls. You're the dog, god how sucky does that look?
Old 08-19-2006, 12:22 AM

One of the things I've come to appreciate about this forum is that consensus is about as likely as a Bush-led Israeli peace settlement. Long may it remain so - the forum, that is, not the war.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i like this play. i do it quite often in situations where i think i can get HU with a decent drawing hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, and this is really important to note, if you have a "decent drawing hand" then you really don't want to be getting heads up. You see, "decent drawing hands" quite like having several callers, since their nut flush draw and straight draws aren't hurt by more callers, in fact they help nicely.
Secondly, and this is most important, he doesn't have a decent drawing hand at all. At PLO $200, nobody ever, and I repeat, ever folds a nut flush draw no matter how much you bet. And here is the really sucky part about it, for for the first time in his life, the guy who can't fold his nut flush draw, well he has you by the balls. You're the dog, god how sucky does that look?

[/ QUOTE ]

One day, when you start actually thinking about what you post, and, well, more importantly, thinking about poker, i will be happy to talk to you about why, in fact, i am not a fish. Until this time, feel free to msg me your screenname, and i will sit in all your games, and you can feel free to take all the money you want from pjn-fish.

Seriously, and i mean this in the least-demeaning way possible, but i think i put more thought into my last bowel-movement than i think you put into this post.

peace

john nickle
Old 08-19-2006, 09:43 AM

Feel free to sit in my games any time you want Mr Big Shot $200 player LOL.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?441975
http://www.pokerhand.org/?439863
(pay special attention to this next one)
http://www.pokerhand.org/?429736
http://www.pokerhand.org/?425152
http://www.pokerhand.org/?424674
http://www.pokerhand.org/?405941

Yes, you are a fish, the fact that you're sat at the $200 tables shoving that hand says it all. You know less about this game than you think you do, especially if you think you're going to get hands that dominate you to fold in that spot.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:51 PM

First, nice hands. Not neccesarily impressive, but nice hands none the less.

Secondly, as it does seem that you put more thought into this post that the last one, im going to say "good job!" in the hopes of continuing this trend. Please keep it up.

Third. Well, i knew it was a stupid idea to get into a pissing contest, in that theres no way im sitting at a plo1000 table. Let me know next time you want to sit at a plo200 table, and i will tell you which ones im at. Feel free to pm me for aim info etc.

pjn
Old 08-19-2006, 03:13 PM

You lose, please don't try again.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:59 AM

Default Ribbo\'s hands

Thanks for giving us links to some of these interesting hands. They have certainly opened up a few new lines of play for me. However, can you explain the reasoning behind this one?

KJT2s

Cold calling the reraise looks extremely -EV with this hand as you are completely dominated by KKxx, AAxx, KQJT, etc. I can see calling here with a middle wrap, but your broadway wrap looks too weak. Just gamboling?
Closed Thread