Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-20-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: .25-.50 6max - fold river?

Easy river fold, I prolly fold the flop, but prolly still call the turn. On the flop you've got crap equity, about the only hand you're good against is a hand like T9. Sure he could be bluffing a diamond draw but a diamond draw has about 45% equity, add in the rest of his range and you're crushed.

Your 3 bet pf shows tremendous strenth and he's pretty much telling you he doesn't care. His hand range when he donks the flop is likely AQ, sets, Axd, KQ, KJ, QJ, KT, QT, AK. W/2 overs to your hand in the playing range, you're drawing to 2 outs and runners.

River is an easy fold, you're just not good here 11% of the time
Old 11-21-2007, 07:25 AM

Default Re: .25-.50 6max - fold river?

I hate the flop call. I either fold or raise. A raise saves you half a bet if you are detemined to showdown (unless you get 3 bet or donked into on the turn in which case I am folding the turn UI) Here we picked up a gutter and it's gross. Now our 4 ten outs are reduced because anyone with a 9 has a straight. Now we are peeling to a 9. Four outs that aren't even the nuts. Call it 3.5 outs. Seven and a quarter bets in the middle. Not nearly enough for me to peel (Not to mention I could now be drawing to a split pot which means I could have as few as 2.5 outs now reduced for someones flush redraw.) I fold the turn.

The way it was played, on the river I fold. I agree with ssmallz. You are not good here 11% of the time.