Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 09-25-2007, 05:40 AM

Default Re: David Sklansky is an ACist

[ QUOTE ]
David Sklansky is an ACist

[/ QUOTE ]

Since, afaik, the question has not been answered, let met put forward why it would not be possible. To me, it seems that D Sklansky is too intelligent and too street smart to ever be anything like an ACist! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It would be no different from positing a benevolent, intelligent god from the experience of life! LOL
Old 09-25-2007, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since, afaik, the question has not been answered, let met put forward why it would not be possible. To me, it seems that D Sklansky is too intelligent and too street smart to ever be anything like an ACist!

It would be no different from positing a benevolent, intelligent god from the experience of life! LOL

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Midge,
I say you're way off, If D.S. had cocktails with Boro, I'd say his odd's of emerging from the meeting an Ac'ist would be greater than 1%. Not even close to what he'd assign the probability of a benevolent, personal, Christian God, that condemns non believers to hell.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I say you're way off, If D.S. had cocktails with Boro, I'd say his odd's of emerging from the meeting an Ac'ist would be greater than 1%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiya yuconcpa,

You know something I don't??? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2007, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I say you're way off, If D.S. had cocktails with Boro, I'd say his odd's of emerging from the meeting an Ac'ist would be greater than 1%.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiya yuconcpa,

You know something I don't???

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL, No I don't. It was just a hunch. Obviously you believe that the probability of D.S. believing AC is a prefered system to government is flat out Zero! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], because I believe his probability assignment of a personal, benevolent, Christian God, that consigns non-believers to hell, is so close to zero as to, for all practical purposes, be zero. That's why I said the two probabilities aren't even close. even if his chances of believing in AC is .000001%, I'd still say that isn't even close than his believing in the other.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LoL, No I don't. It was just a hunch. Obviously you believe that the probability of D.S. believing AC is a prefered system to government is flat out Zero! , because I believe his probability assignment of a personal, benevolent, Christian God, that consigns non-believers to hell, is so close to zero as to, for all practical purposes, be zero. That's why I said the two probabilities aren't even close. even if his chances of believing in AC is .000001%, I'd still say that isn't even close than his believing in the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kool dude, [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] we simply have a different view of infinitesimals. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]