Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 08-05-2007, 05:01 AM

Default Re: The official NETELLER thread. (188 days on.) #3 of 3.

Your NETELLER Account balance is
($3,057.00) USD
You are unable to make a withdrawal as your balance is zero or less.

i suck at life
Old 08-05-2007, 05:44 AM

Withdrew on Monday, got my check on Saturday.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:33 AM

Default Who will take action on NETeller\'s breach of contract?

Repeating my comments posted on other sites.
As everyone knows by now, NETeller has e-mailed U.S. customers, saying that the company would now accept withdrawal requests. Now, an interesting twist is that when you go to the withdrawal screen, you will be presented with a form of release, asking you to give up any claims against NETeller. This would most obviously apply to interest NETeller owes you for the delay in payment, and any other damages you might claim because of the delay. As we're all used to seeing when installing software and so forth, you're presented with two radio button choices, "I agree," and, "I don't agree." You would predict that NETeller might simply refuse to pay you if you didn't agree to the release. But it turns out that if you click, "I don't agree," the Web site will go ahead and process your withdrawal. A very recent addition to the information on the Web site, if you look for it, informs you that you do not need to agree to the release in order to receive payment.
To the company's credit, NETeller has been making speedy payments by EFT to customers' bank accounts.
Nevertheless, I was offended by this one last sleazy trick by a company that, at crunch time, many of us felt did not give the interests of its customers the highest priority. They weren't going to be as brazen as to refuse to pay people unless they knuckled under to a gratuitous release of claims. But they try to fool you into thinking that they won't send you money unless you agree to the release. I bet that they get off the hook with a few million customers this way. But don't you fall for it!
(Probably won't work, actually, because it's too misleading. Customers don't get any benefit from the "mutual" releases. I'm not aware that NETeller have some theory under which it thinks thousands or millions of their customers might owe them money.)
Which brings me to another point. NETeller sat on our money for about seven months and counting. The laws of probably every state and every nation that respects private property give a creditor the right to recover interest on a debt that is not paid on time. NETeller posted a statement on its Web site several months ago saying, "In accordance with NETELLER's Terms of Use, no interest on account balances will be paid." Of course, this ignores the fact that NETeller breached its own Terms of Use by refusing to pay its customers their funds promptly! I don't care that the U.S. government strongarmed NETeller into not paying people. That's not a legal excuse. If some other terrorist state had held NETeller's friends hostage, we wouldn't consider that an adequate reason for the company failing to honor its obligations to millions of customers. Add to that the fact that NETeller has been collecting interest on our funds while they've been sitting in the company's bank accounts.
What I am hoping is that someone will step up to the plate and take combined legal action on behalf of all U.S. customers to collect the interest we're owed. It's a big sum, in the aggregate. Maybe it's to the point that U.S. courts can no longer function independently, and at the government's bidding will refuse to enforce this obligation. So maybe a domestic class action would not be effective. But I hope that some large law firm may take an interest in this matter, and if need be bring suit in a more civilized country. NETeller is based in the United Kingdom, and does substantial business in much of the European Union, so it could be vulnerable in a number of jurisdictions.
Now it's true that a lot of big law firms aren't tempted to take a case unless they think they can make tens of millions in fees. But there are still lawyers who are trying to make a more modest living, and would happily take on an apparently easy case with likely damages of a few million dollars. There is definitely a syndrome of lawyers handling class actions looking out for no one but themselves, and that's a problem. So many times the courts approve settlements that pay millions in fees to the plaintiffs' attorneys, and that give the class members worthless coupons and the like. But this is a case of real, tangible, quantifiable losses, and the mechanics of NETeller making additional payments to its customers would be very simple.
Any takers?
Old 08-09-2007, 05:33 AM

Default Re: Who will take action on NETeller\'s breach of contract?

Hello, all. It turns out that there have been people working actively for many months to take legal action against NETeller. Quite a few customers had account balances close to $100,000. They were obviously highly motivated to make certain that NETeller paid them. It looks like the threat of suit had a lot to do with NETeller moving forward as fast as it did (not to say that it was especially fast) in arranging for the return of customer monies. One might conclude that between them, NETeller and the U.S. government dragged things out about as long as they could have without a big lawsuit, and efforts to get prejudgment relief like an injunction, having been started.

People interested in possible legal action have been gathering at a Yahoo group with the name "SueNeteller." Catchy, isn't it? The moderator has to approve membership applications. I've applied, but haven't received a response yet.

There seems to be continued exploration of a possible suit to recover interest. There may be barriers to a class action, so suit might proceed as an ordinary action that just happens to have several thousand named plaintiffs. Apart from the question of interest, it is widely believed that NETeller turned over detailed records of all customer transactions to the U.S. government. This could give rise to claims for violations of the company's promises of customer privacy.

So I won't have more to say here about NETeller. If any of you are interested, I'd invite you to look into the Yahoo group, where I'm sure there will be a lot of information exchanged.

I trust you all have your money by now, and are ready to go on to bigger and better things.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:25 AM

How long doees it take before support normaly mails back?
Been waiting for 24 hours already.. good customer support..
Old 09-12-2007, 06:02 PM

Ok this is a dumb question but is Neteller still unavailable to US customers?

If so what have US customers been using since the ban? What sites are good for US players?
Old 09-12-2007, 06:33 PM

come on now of course not
Old 09-12-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: When You Withdraw, Check Your Account Details Very Carefully!

[ QUOTE ]

A word to the wise: make absolutely certain that the account information that Neteller asks you to verify is 100% accurate!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine was also incorrect. Makes you wonder if this is deliberate.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: When You Withdraw, Check Your Account Details Very Carefully!

Bump. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I have changed banks since neteller froze my monies; they didn't let me input new bank info, they just said they were sending a check. Did anyone do their cashout by check, and if so, how long did it take?