Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 01-20-2007, 03:04 AM

Default Re: The Well - bobman0330

Its your forum. You don't need to apologize for hijacking. And neither do I. Welcome back.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:26 AM

I've worked a few non profits in government affairs and left my most recent job because it was far more admin then what I was looking to do.

So now I'm a 27 year old with a BA degree in Communications pretty much "starting over". I have been dabbling with the idea of doing campaign work for the 08 election but I've heard a lot of negative experiences from various people. Plus the fact that if I went that route I would just end up starting over again most likely after the elections.

To wrap it up, any political career advice for me? Where should I be looking? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2007, 05:14 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

If you were allowed two make two books required reading for every 21 year old american which two would you choose and why?
Old 01-21-2007, 05:28 AM

If you could permaban one politics regular, who would it be and why?
Old 01-21-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you were allowed two make two books required reading for every 21 year old american which two would you choose and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Iliad and the Odyssey. My reasoning is that it would be futile to try to get people to really understand something through two books. What you're more likely to get is a bunch of people who think they know everything, but really only understand a small corner of whatever subject the books are on. So, might as well get them started on understanding Western literature.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've worked a few non profits in government affairs and left my most recent job because it was far more admin then what I was looking to do.

So now I'm a 27 year old with a BA degree in Communications pretty much "starting over". I have been dabbling with the idea of doing campaign work for the 08 election but I've heard a lot of negative experiences from various people. Plus the fact that if I went that route I would just end up starting over again most likely after the elections.

To wrap it up, any political career advice for me? Where should I be looking? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time someone asked a similar question, I suggested "think-tank" and he liked it. So I'm gonna go with think-tank.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you could permaban one politics regular, who would it be and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be tempted to ban an anarchist whom I dislike, but that would be petty. I think I'd probably ban someone awesome like Andyfox or DVaut1 to teach an object lesson about the folly of entrusting arbitrary power to the hands of one man.