Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation

Old 11-29-2007, 06:27 AM

Default PPA should fire Annie Duke

While we are writing letters. Here is my response to the PPA's email to me concerning Annie Duke's recent testimony.

As a member of the PPA, Two Plus Two Forum, and a poker player for the last 10 years, I am very disappointed that a self admitted poker cheat such as Annie Duke is representing the PPA in any way.

Not only is she a cheat, but she is sorely disliked among the poker population because of her belligerent attitude that is present at every major event she attends. This belligerent attitude leads her to angle shooting those that will let her, which are usually the less experienced and easily intimidated by someone of Annie Duke’s reputation.

I posted on the PPA forum back when Annie admitted to cheating that I did not believe that she should be representing the PPA.

Please reconsider her representation.

Thank You,

xxx

If you have no idea what I am talking about use the search feature before flaming. K, thx.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:05 AM

Default Re: PPA should fire Annie Duke

I think I know what you are talking about with the cheating thing, but writing a letter with no explanation as to your allegations isn't going to get you anywhere. Plus, Ms. Duke has done a good job representing the PPA.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I know what you are talking about with the cheating thing, but writing a letter with no explanation as to your allegations isn't going to get you anywhere. Plus, Ms. Duke has done a good job representing the PPA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what the OP is talking about and not sure how big a deal the issue was. I will say on thing for poker, and it does seem to allow people a chance who do not fit into any cookie cutter mold.

There seems to be many more people who had multiple careers or quit college or some other "resume black mark" that end up playing poker and playing it well.

I have been very impressed with Annie and all she has done for poker. She has been well spoken, dedicated, smart, and a great "question answerer". So unless she was involved in a really serious systemic cheating issue I'd be very inclined to give her a pass.

I don't think we should play the holier than thou game. I have yet to meet anyone coming any where near perfect.

Just one man's opinion,

D$D
Old 11-29-2007, 10:09 AM

A pretty large percentage of the poker population seem to disagree with the OP.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what the OP is talking about and not sure how big a deal the issue was. I will say on thing for poker, and it does seem to allow people a chance who do not fit into any cookie cutter mold.

There seems to be many more people who had multiple careers or quit college or some other "resume black mark" that end up playing poker and playing it well.

I have been very impressed with Annie and all she has done for poker. She has been well spoken, dedicated, smart, and a great "question answerer". So unless she was involved in a really serious systemic cheating issue I'd be very inclined to give her a pass.

I don't think we should play the holier than thou game. I have yet to meet anyone coming any where near perfect.

If you are making a claim that Annie is a cheat because she provided railbird advice to a drunk player at a charity event, you are simply NUTS!

Just one man's opinion,

D$D

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-29-2007, 11:20 AM

Default This OP demonstrates many intellectual inadequacies.

OP apparently has "principles":
1. He objects to Annie Duke as a PPA rep. because she is a bad person, obliquely referring to some horrible "cheating" incident he can't be bothered to summarize.
2. He supports Ron Paul.

There is nothing wrong with #2, we all want less government interference in our lives, but look at the political ignorance of his #1 beef ....

Annie is described by the OP as a "sorely disliked", "belligerent", "angle-shooting" cheater.

Booo, F*cking Hooo, OP. You miss the political point of whether or not Annie was an EFFECTIVE spokesperson with her testimony. This is not Church, nor a poker torunament, nor nor even a libertarian revival meeting. It is political theatre and she clearly starred in her role.

I cannot stand her personna and have heard firsthand reports from folks who worked closely with her over the years that she is a real pain in the butt. However, there is no doubt whatsoever that her performance before the Committee was exceptionally well handled. In no way did your gripes, even if true, detract from her effectiveness in her testimony and Q&A performance.

OP's "principled" bellyaching is counterproductive as a political analysis tool. OP, do you give a principled litmus test to the guy who cleans your pool or fixes the alternator on your car ?
Old 11-29-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: This OP demonstrates many intellectual inadequacies.

Seems like she is doing the job she was hired to do. If her reputation is that bad why didn't one our opponents plant a loaded question during the hearings?
Old 11-29-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: This OP demonstrates many intellectual inadequacies.

um...what cheating scandal?? i know she is not exactly a nice person (pretty well known) but to just say she is a cheater and not explain further gives little to no credence to the accusation... not saying u are wrong, but to be vague, is just not fair to all parties involved....
Old 11-29-2007, 12:38 PM

All these arguments about the PPA are pointless and it's not the big picture.

If some of these posters house was buring down and the fire dept. was coming to rescue them and put out the fire, they would yell; "Wait! I see Dave is on the fire dept, and he beats his wife, I don't want him putting out my fire. And I see Ted is on the fire dept. and he is a drunk, I don't want him putting out my fire at my house. And I see Bill is on the fire dept. and he once didn't tip at a restaurant, I don't want him putting out my fire.

The fire is the ban of internet gaming, and internet freedom, by right wing religious Republican neocons, and the MAIN focus shoud be putting the fire out. Once the fire is out then you can all sit back and complain all you want - which is all you all are doing. A bunch of loser computer nerds with no life, no girlfriend, and posting nonsense drivel on a message board all day long. Pathetic.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All these arguments about the PPA are pointless and it's not the big picture.

If some of these posters house was buring down and the fire dept. was coming to rescue them and put out the fire, they would yell; "Wait! I see Dave is on the fire dept, and he beats his wife, I don't want him putting out my fire. And I see Ted is on the fire dept. and he is a drunk, I don't want him putting out my fire at my house. And I see Bill is on the fire dept. and he once didn't tip at a restaurant, I don't want him putting out my fire.

The fire is the ban of internet gaming, and internet freedom, by right wing religious Republican neocons, and the MAIN focus shoud be putting the fire out. Once the fire is out then you can all sit back and complain all you want - which is all you all are doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great analogy until you find out Dave, Ted, or Bill are the ones starting the fires.

What if someone at the House Subcommitee had questioned her testimony based on the fact that she is a cheat? She quickly becomes part of the problem istead of part of the solution.

[ QUOTE ]
A bunch of loser computer nerds with no life, no girlfriend, and posting nonsense drivel on a message board all day long. Pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

While you may fit this description, and maybe many others currently at Two Plus Two also do, the original participants of this forum, of which I am one, don't fit this description, and I would hazard to guess few who post in the legislation subforum do either.