Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-01-2007, 09:12 PM

Default blind defense

Button is 23/17/2.4 with 42 attempt to steal

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero
Old 12-01-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: blind defense

my standard line would be to call and fold river ui
Old 12-01-2007, 09:16 PM

pretty perfect time for a weighted out calc because you don't have the best hand here very often at all.

without doing the math i think you should call and c/f river UI, donk a river J. river 8 is gonna be close between c/c and c/r simply because QJ, J7, and 76 are all perfectly in his range and that's like 40 hands.

river Q i'd probably bet out but don't feel strongly about that one.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:32 PM

You cant b/f this turn!!1111

You have a pair (= the best hand sometimes), an overcard and a gutshot on a drawy board against a TAG who will raise quite the range here

I am c/c'ing the turn btw. Betting doesnt much good IMO as he will fold a few hands that might take a stab and as you prevent the agony of getting raised. Besides as you have a lot of the draws dominated you dont hate it when he checks behind.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You cant b/f this turn!!1111

You have a pair (= the best hand sometimes), an overcard and a gutshot on a drawy board against a TAG who will raise quite the range here

I am c/c'ing the turn btw. Betting doesnt much good IMO as he will fold a few hands that might take a stab and as you prevent the agony of getting raised. Besides as you have a lot of the draws dominated you dont hate it when he checks behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is he going to stab with? You hate it when he checks behind Jx and that's part of the "quite the range" he can be raising with. Pretty standard bet/calldown imo.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:21 PM

With Jx he has 6-9 outs mostly. So even if he checks its not a huge cost in a 4.5BB pot

He is betting Jx quite a lot here in my experience so checking will only loose value against those hands when he checks or would have raised a bet.

On the other hand by checking we avoid getting raised by better hands.

But I agree with you. If he is prone to check behind Jx you should prolly bet. But where I come from that doesnt happen a lot
Old 12-02-2007, 04:53 AM

I call here and reavaluate on the river hoping he will check behind