Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-19-2007, 12:35 AM

Default trip Q\'s good kicker, c/r on turn

Villain is 19/14/3, solid reg. Haven't seen him do anything out of the ordinary yet. Is he making a move on me? I don't think he has a full house or higher trips, I feel like they raise the flop. Does he have a flush?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (5 handed) Ultimate Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($31.72)
BB ($42.86)
UTG ($24.25)
Hero ($34.85)
Button ($9.24)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($2.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.65</font>, SB calls $1.65.

Turn: ($5.55) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, SB raises to $14, Hero......?

Final Pot: $5.55
Old 11-19-2007, 01:15 AM

Default Re: trip Q\'s good kicker, c/r on turn

bump...anyone?
Old 11-19-2007, 02:15 AM

Not a very good situation, great you have position though.

Problem here is even if you are ahead right now, it's not by much. I could find a fold here...if you really want, you could call and see what happens...4th flush misses and he full pots, I'm calling, cause if he is drawing with a weaker hand and missed, your call on the turn might make it seem you were drawing too...

He has hands like AQ, KQ, QJ with a spade, a set which he might have raised on the flop though, he could also have called out of the blinds with hands like QT, Q9, Q8 intending to steal postflop, hit his pair and if he has a spade a flush draw as well...wasn't sure how strong he was on the flop, but when the other Q fell, felt a lot more confident in his hand...of course he could already have the flush.

So, depending on recent action etc of course....generally if I had to say though, my first instinct here would probably be to call, and then call if the 4th spade doesn't fall...again though depends on how this guy plays made hands/draws on the turn.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:19 AM

If villan is a solid player, he probably reads your flop bet as a standard c-bet. The turn makes your hand a little more unbelievable so I can see him raising a pretty wide range here. I'm not comfortable enough to raise here, but you do have position on him, so calling is probably my play here. I only say that because if you raise you lose value because he won't call unless you're beat, and if you fold you are giving up on a pot where you have some good equity. That's all imo, imo.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:21 AM

I call and if the river comes non spade its going in.