Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2007, 12:39 AM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

I think you should definitely go there. It's an opportunity to find out more about what happened. Even if they cover up a lot, there's no way you'll come home knowing less about this than you do now. People who complain about you getting paid are idiots. Whatever you get, you have already earned it. You have also earned our trust.

I think you should insist on getting a demonstration of how the cheating was done. That's very important in my opinion. These are some of the other things I'd ask them:

a) Why do the superuser accounts exist?
b) Why were they accessible over the Internet? (If there's a legitimate reason to keep them in the system, why not make it impossible to access them remotely?)
c) Is the information about hole cards written to a file as the hand is being played or after than hand is finished? (The first option seems stupid).
d) Why didn't they discover that someone was using the system to cheat?
e) What changes have they made to make sure that this doesn't happen again?
f) Why did someone claiming to be the head of their security team claim that they had investigated these accounts and determined that there was no cheating and no chip dumping?

I also have a question for the people who got cheated: Has anyone tried to report this to the police or some kind of financial authority in Costa Rica? From what I've read it appears that no one has. Why is that?
Old 10-24-2007, 12:41 AM

Erasa asks a lot of good questions about their software development process. However, there is one question you might want to ask before all of his: how much of their software development do they do in-house?

[ QUOTE ]

Nat's integrity is not the issue here, AP's is.

[/ QUOTE ]

and this is why he shouldn't be taking money from them

DUCY?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Intuitively, if you want to proceed against them it would be a good idea to gather as much information about them as possible, bearing in mind all the while that it may be incomplete and/or tainted. To say "OK, we've got enough, hang 'em", after a week of sifting through a few wedding photos without knowing a damn thing about the organization is mind-numbingly stupid. Hang WHO? It's easy to say the whole organization is dirty and then refuse to listen to anything else when it's clear a lot of innocent people have their futures tied to the guilty parties.

Who knows what's going on over there. It would be nice to try and find out. I'd hate to find out that it really was a couple of high level punks and their buddies that orchestrated this whole crime and cover-up, but blood-lust took out the company even after it made a genuine effort to remove them and clean-up. This may not be the case, but it should not be dismissed just because we want to see something burn.

I hope the trip still happens, and I'm sorry that the stupidity of others is going to mean it will cost you even more than it already has.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. just wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not talking about Nat, Adanthar et al.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:42 AM

This thread is amazing, the amount of hate from the mob on people who were here since day one is amazing, esp considering 99% of them weren't here in the first place. I can understand the hate directed in my direction, bc i called out some idiots, but on Nat.... wow. Just wow.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you interested in getting to the bottom of this more than Nat? Do you think you have a more vested interest than Nat here? If so, stfu and pay your own way there.

Otherwise, just stfu.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is amazing, the amount of hate from the mob on people who were here since day one is amazing, esp considering 99% of them weren't here in the first place. I can understand the hate directed in my direction, bc i called out some idiots, but on Nat.... wow. Just wow.

[/ QUOTE ]
What hate on Nat?
Old 10-24-2007, 12:54 AM

I think they're just trying to lure you onto a small commuter aircraft.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Mason-

It's up to the posters of 2 plus 2 to determine who represents them. Don't you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter what he thinks.

[ QUOTE ]
but the independent people that post on 2 plus 2 can be represented by whomever we choose.
Stak

[/ QUOTE ]

Q.E.D.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you interested in getting to the bottom of this more than Nat? Do you think you have a more vested interest than Nat here? If so, stfu and pay your own way there.

Otherwise, just stfu.

[/ QUOTE ]

For somebody going to medical school, you really need to brush up on your logic. Nat getting to the bottom of this has nothing to do with accepting money from AP. Nobody is directing their anger towards Nat, because we all love him for his work in uncovering this fiasco. Nat asked us for our opinion about the situation, and we gave him our opinion. Don't confuse opinion with hate.

Regardless Ikes, I've seen you destroy threads with your "logical" arguments, and I'm not getting into a pissing match with you.