Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 10:05 AM

Default How much do we pay for freerolls on Full Tilt?

I'm not sure what forum this belongs in...

The only tournaments I played on Full Tilt in September were $163 and $75 tournaments in the most popular time slots (and one $1060 tournament), but Full Tilt made a deduction of $429.29 for tournaments with guaranteed prize pools, in the calculation of my rakeback for September.

I don't think any of the "normal" tournaments I played had an overlay, so the only explanation I can think of is that this is the cost of the Iron Man "freeroll" and the Aussie Millions "giveaway".

I've been E-mailing them about it several times, but the guy who's been answering is refusing to give me a straight answer. So I'm asking you guys now. Do you know if they are making deductions for these freerolls, that are large enough to explain the amount $429.29?

It seems to me (assuming that there were 2 Aussie tournaments) that these "freerolls" cost a bit less than $40 each.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: How much do we pay for freerolls on Full Tilt?

Full Tilt does have a deduction column for tournaments that they either provide part or all of the total prize pool.

To quote an FTP affiliate manager who I contacted months ago for exact clarification:

"Player Added – money we have to add to tournaments. For example, if there is a $10,000 guarantee tournament and we only get enough buy ins for $9,000, we split the remaining $1,000 by the players in the tournament. This amount gets added to the player added column."

So if you play a lot of guarantees or freerolls (I assume they work the same way... total prize pool divided by total entrants), then you can get a sizeable deduction from gross rake.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:07 PM

no more guarantees tournment for me then.
it would actually cost more then i think.....
Old 10-10-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what forum this belongs in...

The only tournaments I played on Full Tilt in September were $163 and $75 tournaments in the most popular time slots (and one $1060 tournament), but Full Tilt made a deduction of $429.29 for tournaments with guaranteed prize pools, in the calculation of my rakeback for September.

I don't think any of the "normal" tournaments I played had an overlay, so the only explanation I can think of is that this is the cost of the Iron Man "freeroll" and the Aussie Millions "giveaway".

I've been E-mailing them about it several times, but the guy who's been answering is refusing to give me a straight answer. So I'm asking you guys now. Do you know if they are making deductions for these freerolls, that are large enough to explain the amount $429.29?

It seems to me (assuming that there were 2 Aussie tournaments) that these "freerolls" cost a bit less than $40 each.

[/ QUOTE ]

Without doing the exact math if you played in two aussie millions freeroll and the ironman freeroll I would imagine that would be about a 400+ hit to your MGR...
Old 10-10-2007, 10:24 PM

Thanks for the answers. My MGR has taken another hit this month, this time $171.22. I saw this a couple of days after playing an Aussie freeroll. It had 202 players and two prize packages valued at $18K each. And since 36000/202=171.21782..., I guess that settles it. This Aussie Millions "giveaway freeroll" actually cost $48.12.