Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Now THAT\'S a defense attorney (aka, \"How was this shmuck not guilt

CNN carried this yesterday and just from the reporter's coverage, it was clear he didn't believe the accusers, either. There was something funny about this one.

Yeah that's right, a convicted pedophile innocent of rape. He's still going to jail for the weed and some burglary charge, though.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Now THAT\'S a defense attorney (aka, \"How was this shmuck not guilt

[ QUOTE ]
I hate when people blame the lawyer in these cases. It's his job to defend his client to the best of his abilities. If the case against his client is weak, then put some blame on the prosecution for messing this up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any of you pay attention to this?
Old 04-23-2007, 04:24 PM

If the guy just got assigned a plain old public defense lawyer, say just out of college, will that lawyer now have be able to get a sweet high paying job?
Old 04-23-2007, 04:28 PM

from articles i just read online on cnn, the girls were left bound for 7 hours in the bunker. one of the girls broke free and kicked her way out of the hidden door and ran to safety and got help. that does not seem to be disputed.

if someone wants to read this. it's transcripts from a news casts. just citing my source.

cnn transcripts
Old 04-23-2007, 04:36 PM

You are all just jealous that you don't have an underground room where you bang 17 year olds and grow dope.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:56 PM

He obviously couldn't have done it: the 17-year-olds were too old for him.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate when people blame the lawyer in these cases. It's his job to defend his client to the best of his abilities. If the case against his client is weak, then put some blame on the prosecution for messing this up.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How so? I don't think it completely lets defense lawyers off the hook. To make a somewhat strained analogy, a hitman can't really be forgiven for killing people just because it's his job.

Anyway, I don't really see the point of trying to have serious opinions about [censored] like this unless you're willing to invest quite a bit of time into seeing just what the evidence was.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How so? I don't think it completely lets defense lawyers off the hook. To make a somewhat strained analogy, a hitman can't really be forgiven for killing people just because it's his job.

[/ QUOTE ]
meh. The difference is that we have a constitutional right to have our case made in public and be given a good defense. I don't like it when the bad guys are let go, but I am happy that they're given that opportunity.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
meh. The difference is that we have a constitutional right to have our case made in public and be given a good defense. I don't like it when the bad guys are let go, but I am happy that they're given that opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

All things considered, the abuses that prevents are probably worth it. But on a case by case basis I think the defense lawyer can still be in the wrong, obviously.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

All things considered, the abuses that prevents are probably worth it. But on a case by case basis I think the defense lawyer can still be in the wrong, obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Define "in the wrong".

He shouldn't take the case?
He should intentionally lose?