Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 05:44 PM

Default OT: Stars email complaining about my multi-tabling

Hey guys,

I've received several polite emails from PStars about me taking too long to make my move during my turbo SNG's. They always say it's perfectly legal to take my maximum amount of time, but just want to make me aware that players have been complaining. They never ask for a response, so sometimes I don't reply and sometimes I reply and tell them I'm doing the best I can.

Well, I just received another email from them and this one is a bit more specific. I'm worried that they might take action against me, ban me, or something of the like. Should I be worried here? Should I reply to them or not? If so, what should I say?

I've listed "some" of my arguments below, but you can skip them if you want and just read the email:

1. It's perfectly legal by the rules.
2. I can't use the "advanced actions" because when I click the action, another table could jump up when it's that table's turn and therefore cause me to click on the wrong table (I cascade).
3. Sometimes it's advantageous to stall cuz if the blinds go up and you're on the bubble, the other shorty will get the big blind before you and hopefully get blinded out.
4. When I'm the most active player on the site, of course people are gonna notice me and complain. I'm sure there are players that take longer than me, but since they don't play as much they are not noticed.
5. Most used to think I was a bot and complained. Now I try to chat once in awhile to prove that I'm human and to keep everyone from ganging up on me. That chatting costs time, so should I stop chatting and let Stars get emails complaining I'm a bot again?
6. By game structure, ~90% of Stars turbo SNG's take between 40-50 minutes. The game will usually end when the BB is between 400-800. A player acting faster or slower will not change the overall tournament time. Granted, faster actions will mean more hands will be dealt, which in turn means better players have an advantage (but conversely a worse player would want fewer hands dealt to get more coin-flip situations and less poker).
7. Doesn't everyone play as many tables as possible as long as they have enough time to think about each move? Why would one play less tables and kill their $/hour? Does spacegravy, deut23-10, bigjoe2003, or deut23-10 play fewer tables and take less time just to be "nice"?

Anyways, any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated!

-BK

################################################## #######
It has come to our attention that due to the number of games you play at once, your average response time has become quite slow, typically 8-9 seconds for each and every action, including basic folding decisions.

You do not seem to use advance actions at all; instead, you wait for action to be on you and for the table to pop up... but you often have 3 or 4 actions queued which is among the sources of these delays.

Of course, we grant you the full 17 or 25 seconds to act to use as you see fit and you are not breaking any rules by playing as you are now. However, when you are at 20 turbo tables (events played by players who prefer a faster game), your delayed actions account for an appreciable amount of the time spent on each hand and are slowing down not just the eight others at a single table, but 160 total players across your 20 tables.

We do have many other "tournament set" players who play 20 or more events at once, and this is not against the rules. However, those others are also able to act slightly faster when action is on them, because typically they are waiting for a table to pop up rather than having 3 actions queued up and awaiting attention. We would appreciate it if you could strive to act just a little faster in your games, or perhaps slightly trim the number of concurrent games you play in order to reduce your response time. I'm sure your fellow players will appreciate it, as this would help keep the turbos as fast as they can be.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter. We do appreciate your extensive play here on PokerStars, and look forward to your participation going forward.
################################################## #######
Old 06-24-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: OT: Stars email complaining about my multi-tabling

They emailed you because you play too slow?? Thats possibly the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. Do you routinely take advantage of the clock to have the blinds raise on short stacks? While thats still allowed I can't see people complaining regularly for any other reason.

IMO don't respond and don't change anything, whoever sent that is a moron.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:50 PM

For the advanced actions don't just click your mouse, click and hold down the mouse button for a second or less, release when you're ready, that should allow you to use advanced actions.

In general though it sounds like you're taking way too long, you mention spacegravy but if you play with him he rarely slows the game down, he and other massive multitablers can keep up with it, don't feel bad if you can't but dont play more than you can handle, which it sounds like you are.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:58 PM

LOL that e-mail is funny. Write them back telling them you have down syndrome or something and make them feel bad.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For the advanced actions don't just click your mouse, click and hold down the mouse button for a second or less, release when you're ready, that should allow you to use advanced actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Can you explain further? I'm sure that this isn't a likely option for me, but it's possible I could program it into my autohotkey programs.

Thanks in advance,
-BK
Old 06-24-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Can you explain further? I'm sure that this isn't a likely option for me, but it's possible I could program it into my autohotkey programs.

Thanks in advance,
-BK

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly this helps a lot when playing with overlap. he explained it perfectly just try it
Old 06-24-2007, 06:22 PM

I can't see them banning you or somehow capping your tables. I get the impression that they want you to do exactly what your doing by posting here, trying to figure out ways to speed up your game.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks in advance,
-BK

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly this helps a lot when playing with overlap. he explained it perfectly just try it

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell is an advanced action?
Old 06-24-2007, 07:04 PM

I don't cascade but are you saying that if you click and hold for a second when you let go it won't click a button if another table pops up bit it will check the box that you had your cursor over?
Old 06-24-2007, 07:32 PM

it is pretty damn annoying when someone takes forever to act on every single action, so i can see where they are coming from. why don't use just play fewer tables or move up stakes. 20 tables is a ton...you would probably make more money by moving up and playing less tables.

i used to play 8 tables, moved down to 6 and been doing a whole lot better.