Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: The Hitler-Like Basis of the Iranian Regime\'s Ideology

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps fearing a reprisal from Israel that's not that far away (a country that has nukes too).

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose. Still, they could certainly get away with a lot more than they do now. Giving the Jewish community a token seat in parliament, while a stupid approach to politics, is still a symbolic gesture they are far from having to perform, for example.

"IMO you offer a silly rationale for downplaying the danager of a Nazi-like genocide btw. "

I don't follow.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ahmedinejad is a nut. I agree with you that it would be muc better for the Iranian regime not to have nuclear weapons. But if the regime's intention is really the Nazi-like genocide of Jews, why hasn't it killed its own small Jewish population? Or anything remotely approximating that? (Please don't respond with examples of mistreatment of Jews in Iran. I am well aware of them. But nonetheless Iran is not anything like Nazi Germany for its Jewish population).

Silly arguments like this just push people into over-sympathising with the likes of AJad. Also conflating the likes of Salafai zealots and Khomeni-ists is just ignorant.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP is well aware that Iran poses no threat of undertaking another holocaust, nuclear or otherwise. He is merely being a good little neocon and spreading lies and propaganda in advance of our invasion of Iran.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:08 PM

Because it's not in their best interests even if they wanted to.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How is Iran any different from the U.S.? All states will inherently move towards evil because they exist solely to coerce. Why would you trust ANY state with Nukes?

[/ QUOTE ]

The idiotic liberal moral equivalency BS rears it's ugly head again. Here's a clue for you, there's a great deal of difference between the Iranian government and the U.S. government.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please rank the following governments in terms of how moral and just they are:
U.S.
Iran
Israel
France
Egypt
Pakistan
Japan
China

Now would everybody agree on that assessment? Is there such a thing as an objective measure?
Old 09-28-2007, 04:48 PM

I still don't understand why people perceive Iran to be such a huge threat. Does anybody really believe that they have any way of really influencing the Western World? I know some of you believe that their ideology is backwards and against everything that we consider just and good. But how will they spread their message if it is so wrong? How is it a threat at all if it is so obvious that it is antithetical to human progress? What world power will join their cause?

The chance that they actually offensively use a nuke is about 0% because if they do they will get hit with several in return. It seems like we are getting outraged at a 5-year-old who is throwing a tantrum. There is no real threat.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ahmedinejad is a nut. I agree with you that it would be muc better for the Iranian regime not to have nuclear weapons. But if the regime's intention is really the Nazi-like genocide of Jews, why hasn't it killed its own small Jewish population? Or anything remotely approximating that? (Please don't respond with examples of mistreatment of Jews in Iran. I am well aware of them. But nonetheless Iran is not anything like Nazi Germany for its Jewish population).

Silly arguments like this just push people into over-sympathising with the likes of AJad. Also conflating the likes of Salafai zealots and Khomeni-ists is just ignorant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point that the Iranian regime only mistreats its Jews; it doesn't slaughter them. I'm not positive that the Iranian regime would commit absolute genocide anyway. I suspect that at least they wouldn't mind it very much, though. Let's not forget that they do back and support the genocidally-aimed Hezbollah and Hamas organizations, and that Iran does have a penchant for working through proxy. Maybe one reason they haven't been harder on their own resident Jews is because the regime doesn't yet feel powerful enough to act without fear of serious repercussions.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OP is well aware that Iran poses no threat of undertaking another holocaust, nuclear or otherwise. He is merely being a good little neocon and spreading lies and propaganda in advance of our invasion of Iran.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a Neo-Con in the least and I despise the misguided and foolish politics of the Neo-Cons. The Neo-Cons are in the process of ruining America domestically and internationally. The ongoing (forever!) Iraq war is a particularly moronic and costly attempt to achieve what the U.S. can never achieve.

If you'd read more about Ahmadinejad and the ruling mullahs, and how they run Iran, you might come to realize that their actual level of extremism is probably being downplayed rather than exagerrated in the West.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a Neo-Con in the least and I despise the misguided and foolish politics of the Neo-Cons. The Neo-Cons are in the process of ruining America domestically and internationally. The ongoing (forever!) Iraq war is a particularly moronic and costly attempt to achieve what the U.S. can never achieve.

If you'd read more about Ahmadinejad and the ruling mullahs, and how they run Iran, you might come to realize that their actual level of extremism is probably being downplayed rather than exagerrated in the West.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this line of thinking. You're saying that the neocons have been wrong about absolutely everything else, but they are right about Iran. Wow.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this line of thinking. You're saying that the neocons have been wrong about absolutely everything else, but they are right about Iran. Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they are right about the threat Iran poses. Even a broken watch is right twice a day.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because it's not in their best interests even if they wanted to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nor would nuking Israel be.