Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Sklansky bucks calculator (php script)

[ QUOTE ]
Nice little program, but with not really any practical use, unless I missed something?...etc

[/ QUOTE ]

This can give some kind of indication of skill over a large sample size but the primary reason I wrote this program was a sanity check. If your not consistently making really dumb mistakes like leaving a dollar behind, etc. you can get a decent idea of the sort of equity you have going in, and the total amount you bet vs your total equity is pretty interesting too I think. I especially like the total bet vs. total equity figure because if you have a bunch of hands vs very short stacks where you're might not be a favorite but you're geting good odds to call, it could skew your average ev, but your total bet vs. total equity will reflect that.

I dunno, this is basically a nice little toy, I wouldn't infer a huge amount of meaning for it (especially since, as people have pointed out, it's not 100% accurate) - I find it hugely helpful for my sanity though.

BTW, I haven't really participated much in this thread because I was being absolutely swamped with suppo rt requests. In general, I was annoyed by the tone of a lot of them (several people rudely demanded help and bitched me out about whatever perceived flaws they saw or problems they had) - it doesn't really encourage me to post this sort of stuff as I don't get anything out it but headaches. If you're still having trouble, just wait. Phil's program will make you wet your pants. Seriously this guy's [censored] amazing.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:05 PM

Question:

When I download the necessary files, how do I put them in the same folder together?
Old 04-21-2007, 09:16 AM

I am getting UnsupportedClassVersionError.

Help?
Old 04-21-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I dunno, this is basically a nice little toy, I wouldn't infer a huge amount of meaning for it (especially since, as people have pointed out, it's not 100% accurate) - I find it hugely helpful for my sanity though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Aye, I shouldn t have said it's not very useful. It is, actually [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Good to know I m only at .55, probably means I gamble a bit too often when my fe isn't big enough. And from the screenshots seen so far the one of phil seems even more interesting.

I just posted that because there were many posts of ppl deducing from the results that they were running good or bad. The part where luck has the biggest role in NLHE (and maybe poker in general) is the fact of having rushes at the right time and facing the right hands, IMO.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:22 PM

Anybody got +sklansky bucks score over some decent sample ?
Either I am really unlucky last months or the script have some serious bugs. I tried to verify by hand if it calcute the scores correctly and it seems ok (checked only a few pots though).
Old 04-21-2007, 10:12 PM

I'm plus

looks like I'll have to look elsewhere for excuses
Old 04-21-2007, 11:29 PM

I'm having a problem when you start to run AllinCalc

it says java.lang.classnotfoundexception: org.postgresql.driver
at java.net.urlclassloader$1.run<unknown Source>
at java.security.accesscontroller.doprivleged<nati ve method>
at java.net.urlclassloader.findclass<unknown source>

it goes on for a few more lines.. I'm assuming the top one is the important one showing that it's not recognizing my postgresql driver? How do I fix this?
Old 04-22-2007, 12:27 AM

I am pretty sure something is wrong with the calcs.
I run them for many plaeyrs from my DB (unfortunately I dont have any huge db in handy) and most of them are in big minus and only rare are at small plus. I dont know what teh problem is yet but I think there is 99.5% chance that the results are not correct.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:53 AM

I'm having a weird issue with the Java one. It works fine with one of my screen names but not with another. At ifrst I thought it was because the second was an alias under the first, but I tried taking off the alias, and I'm still getting this:

found 0 headsup allin situations
won: 0 lost: 0 tied: 0
average potsize: NaN$
average ev: NaN
money won: 0.00$
money expected (based on allin equity): 0.00$
money difference: +0.00$
max money diff: at +0.00$
min money diff: at +0.00$
total_bet: 0.00$
Old 04-22-2007, 07:03 AM

Using advisors program, I am -4k in expectation over about 95k hands of 200nl. This would mean that during this time period, my 'true winrate' is about 30% higher than the winrate I have. I kind of think this is unlikely, even though I think I have definitely been running bad my whole life. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]