Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Politics Boycott

this is the accusation i would be happy to hear more about if people feel like staying on topic and have any real hope that i'll take the complaints seriously.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gimmick account of Snowtrollball?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be banned / suspended for constantly making snide remarks like this. I\f you don't like Snowball's posts, address his arguments. I personally disagree with most of his posts but he argues them sincerely. He is most definitely NOT a troll. Comments like those of yours above are trolling, indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Snowball does the same thing to him too, so if you're gonna ban one, gotta ban both.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gimmick account of Snowtrollball?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be banned / suspended for constantly making snide remarks like this. I\f you don't like Snowball's posts, address his arguments. I personally disagree with most of his posts but he argues them sincerely. He is most definitely NOT a troll. Comments like those of yours above are trolling, indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Snowball does the same thing to him too, so if you're gonna ban one, gotta ban both.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine. I think BLUFFTHISTROLL fits nicely.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is the accusation i would be happy to hear more about if people feel like staying on topic and have any real hope that i'll take the complaints seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Mat,

I think the fact that discussion that *should* go in politics is spilling all over the place in ATF is pretty strong evidence that the moderation in politics is not working.

Sure, there were complaints *about* politics in ATF before, but now you're waist-deep in actual political arguments because the discussion is being actively driven out by jman220 (and supposedly [censored], but last time I looked over there, [censored] had not made any new pronouncements himself, jman was just claiming that he was simply relaying [censored]'s edicts).
Old 04-28-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and supposedly [censored], but last time I looked over there, [censored] had not made any new pronouncements himself, jman was just claiming that he was simply relaying [censored]'s edicts

[/ QUOTE ]
That this was [censored]'s edict is complete BS. [censored] supposedly (not debating that he did, just that it hasn't been shown, or if it has been I haven't seen it) suggested it months ago. Jman, upset at the ACists for poking holes in his moderation policy, decided to take it up. Declaring it "[censored]'s edict" is just a way to try to make it seem that Jman is not the one responsible. [censored] has been completely non-existent in the politics forum for awhile now.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the fact that discussion that *should* go in politics is spilling all over the place in ATF is pretty strong evidence that the moderation in politics is not working.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it's pretty strong evidence that a few specific posters are loud troublemakers.

Have a look at the thread starters in ATF - and the majority of the thread participants. It's the same few people as always, and their attitude is the same regardless of forum or issue.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:21 PM

Yes, since we're upset with the moderation we're "loud troublemakers".

Still waiting for you to link to those posts where those four ACists are unreasonable and dogmatic also.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
- 6/6 of my best friends over the last 13 years were jewish
- My girlfriend of 2 1/2 years was jewish
- I did a lot of volunteer work at a jewish community center
- I'm part of the bone marrow donors program set up by Israel.
- My martial arts instructor is jewish
- My dad is half jewish
- a lot of my favorite authors are jewish
- My posting record of attacking real anti-semites

[/ QUOTE ]

"But, But, Some of my best friends are Black!"

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly what I was thinking

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't read any of the Israel threads or whatever threads jman and snowball are interacting on so have no context and the following may not be applicible in this case, but: commenting 'some of my best friends are black' is indicitive of an attitude of someone who is assuming the person is guilty until proven innocent.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:38 PM

Okay, no need to boycott. They're closing politics down. So, politics regulars, where can we go to keep up the chatter? I like discussing with you fellas.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it's pretty strong evidence that a few specific posters are loud troublemakers.

(image snipped)

Have a look at the thread starters in ATF - and the majority of the thread participants. It's the same few people as always, and their attitude is the same regardless of forum or issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

And all of those OPs are actual ATF content. I'm talking about poltical discussion (eg by-tor's troll and all the people he drug along), not discussion *about* the politics *forum*. If the mods were doing their job, that stuff would be where it's supposed to be.
Closed Thread