Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 12:05 AM

Default No threads on Israel allowed?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...=0#Post10153827

WTF?????

Seriously. Someone explain why this was locked?

edit: ok, wtf? Now the thread is moved to the mod forum. Luckily, I saved it. Here it is. You guys can judge if it should be locked or not:

[ QUOTE ]
"I never in all my years of activism witnessed anything so vicious as from the Israeli military", said Irish peace activist and Nobel Laureate Mairead Maguire in an interview with Amy Goodman on democracy now after a 20 year old Israeli soldier shot her with a rubber bullet.

Maguire, and several hundred protestors from 20 different countries converged in the palestinian town of Bilin to protest the construction of yet another "security wall." The wall is being constructed inside of palestinian land. Instead of enforcing the green line, it actually expands the green line. Palestinian farmers have lost their land, and the palestinian economy has been further damaged.

Israel's behavior is fully consistent with it's overall policy of collective punishment. The IDF will demolish houses, set up road check-points, seize land, and perform other violent activities against the entire population as a way to punish them for the actions of terrorists.

Any form of collective punishment is illegal under international law. However, the only way to enforce this law is for the security council of the UN to vote on it. Israel will remain immune from the judgment of the security council, because any of the five permanent members can veto a security council resolution. There have been many resolutions by the security council criticizing Israel for violating human rights that would have passed, were it not for the automatic veto of the United States.

This is far from the first time the IDF has acted violently towards international peace activists. In 2002, an american peace activist, Rachel Corrie, was run down and killed by an Israeli Bulldozer. Rachel was trying to stop the bulldozer from destroying a family's home.

The reality is that Israel can get any with almost anything it wants to, because of the unconditional support it receives from the United States. In addition to receiving over 3 billion dollars per year in aid and loans from the US, Israel receives powerful diplomatic support that shields them from the international community.

Intellectually dishonest right wing zionists are quick to label the international community anti-semitic, despite the fact that many of the most vocal critics of Israel, such as Noam Chomsky, the Rabbi Michael Lerner, Howard Zinn, Ami Ayalon, and Norman Finkelstein, are jews themselves.

In my view, the united states should withdraw financial and military support from Israel until Israel agrees to stop it's policy of expanding it's borders and engaging in collective punishment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait for Jman to try to prove to me that the Nobel Laureate is a neo-nazi and that democracy now is a hate site. lewl.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: No threads on Israel allowed?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Americans are trained like Pavlovian dogs to fear arabs when they should be fearing Israel and the Israeli lobbyists. They are the most evil bunch of people on the planet. I would love to see the USA sever its ties with Israel but it will never happen. Israel already owns the White House and all of its occupants.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-28-2007, 12:09 AM

I dunno, although post #2 should have certainly been deleted.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Americans are trained like Pavlovian dogs to fear arabs when they should be fearing Israel and the Israeli lobbyists. They are the most evil bunch of people on the planet. I would love to see the USA sever its ties with Israel but it will never happen. Israel already owns the White House and all of its occupants.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the second poster, not the OP...
Old 04-28-2007, 12:11 AM

jman:

delete the response, and leave the OP alone. It took me some effort to type that out, and it's rude and unnecessary for you to lock it.

edit: also, I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF A REBUTTAL TO THAT GUY WHEN YOU LOCKED THE THREAD.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jman:

delete the response, and leave the OP alone. It took me some effort to type that out, and it's rude and unnecessary for you to lock it.

edit: also, I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF A REBUTTAL TO THAT GUY WHEN YOU LOCKED THE THREAD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its been moved to the mod forum for further discussion. It may come back.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Although that is a radical viewpoint, it should not be grounds for censorship. What if somebody had instead said: "Lobbyists own everybody in Congress," would that have been deleted? I think not. Israel seems to be a protected class in the politics forum.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:25 AM

imo, people need to learn to stop using the words jew(s) and israeli(s) interchangably.

they are not equal.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:28 AM

I gotta agree this is overstepping the boundries.

But im quite anti-Israeli in stuff like this.

Ill be shocked if the outcome is anything but the second post being deleted and the thread moved back because i see nothing wrong with it.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:30 AM

please to be mod?
Closed Thread