Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you sell the method?
Yes 27 40.91%
No 39 59.09%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Re: College Football Week 13

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah. Colorado got a 5th and goal play against Mizzou, which they needed to win the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imo, this is sort of a great college football myth, or at least misunderstanding of what actually happened. The refs screwed up, but if they didn't, Colorado very well might have won anyway, assuming subsequent events to the screwup happened the same way.

To recap. On 3rd down (according to the refs/sticks, but the actual 4th down), Colorado spiked the ball to stop the clock, then on 4th down (real 5th down), they ran the ball for a TD.

If the refs/sticks had said "4th down" I am kinda guessing CU wouldn't have spiked the ball to stop the clock?? They probably would have ran the ball attempting to score, perhaps the same play they ran on 4th/5th down which resulted in a TD.

I always thought Colorado got a bum rap for this game/season. The refs screwed up, and Colorado's play calling was predicated on bad info. With correct info (real 4th down) they would have run an actual play instead of spiking the ball. They deserve the benefit of the doubt here.

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like the coaches should know what down it is ..but thats just me