Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Pocket Fives in the SB - Raised PF

I'm looking for feedback on this hand. I'm new to the table and didn't have much info on the players. I know the PF raiser plays on the loose side but raises preflop a normal percentage of the time. The preflop call might be a little iffy, with only two callers, but with me getting a .5sb discount. And should I be looking to flop a set/draw, or be done with the hand. Anyways....

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (9 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 08-15-2007, 03:21 AM

Default Re: Pocket Fives in the SB - Raised PF

Preflop is not even close!

If there is a limp and a raise or a raise and a call, then you can call any pp in the SB for set value.

I think you played flop and turn fine. The flop is dry and its unlikely that MP1 hit the J.

Since he didnt play back at the turn its even more unlikely he has a J which means he has 3x or a pp. I think you have a valuebet on the river. C/c is by far the worst of your options, you have no reason to believe that the turn and river helped him so just bet it and get value from A3s, K3s, 43s and 53s (and other crap with a 3)
Old 08-15-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Pocket Fives in the SB - Raised PF

oink,

[ QUOTE ]

If there is a limp and a raise or a raise and a call, then you can call any pp in the SB for set value.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is pretty optimistic, especially given a utg raise. this isn't even 6max.

in this case i would call (we have a couple coldcallers as well as great relative position for when we hit), but your general rule is misguided.

[ QUOTE ]

C/c is by far the worst of your options, you have no reason to believe that the turn and river helped him so just bet it and get value from A3s, K3s, 43s and 53s (and other crap with a 3)

[/ QUOTE ]

PPs make up at least as much of MP's range as 3x hands, and we lose to most of those, but i agree that b/f &gt; c/c.