Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2007, 06:21 AM

Default Re: Existence of -cEV yet +Equity Plays?

Collin,

I hope I'm not misinterpreting your notation, but I don't think I can high five your QED because it looks like, to me, you're cranking expected stack sizes in. When using ICM, we can't plug expected stack sizes in; instead, we have to plug the stack sizes from every possible outcome and weigh the ICM monetary equity from each outcome according to the probability of each outcome. The results obtained using ICM by plugging in expected stack sizes are wrong (I wish they were correct, because they take a lot less work to get). It's precisely because ICM isn't a function of expected stack sizes that I initially hypothesized the existence of plays that are -cEV yet +Equity.
-------
Two Plus Two Forum,

My sincere apologies to anyone who objected to me putting my website in my posts. I spend a lot of my time these days promoting myself, so I sometimes forget to tone it down at times. My schedule gets really busy, and I don't have a lot of history on 2+2, but it's clearly a great place with lots of great minds to debate poker with, so I hope we can put it behind us [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Great thread guys!

Tony Guerrera