Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2006, 06:56 AM

Default Gaming girls w/ poker...Y/N?

(I'm sure this topic has been done several times before...can't hurt to tackle it again.)

Topic for your consideration: In what context do you bring up poker (if at all) when hitting on chicks. I'm always a bit unsure about how I should frame it, or whether chicks dig it at all...in my last year of college, it wasn't too bad b/c it was just a hobby, so if it came up, it came up, and it really wasn't a big deal...except when i'd run up big bar tabs, and have ppl wondering where i got the money from (but i usually just let them think i was a trust-fund baby.)

Now it's a bit different, though, since i'm a year out of undergrad, and so i have to deal more with the "what do you do?" question. I've had mixed results to date...I haven't been pleased with the direct approach (read: truth) >> "I play poker full-time". Some girls have been like "oh, cool", but it seems that more often i get a lukewarm reaction that screams 'get a real job, you loser', or maybe that's just in my head -- seems like girls out of school (even if they just graduated) put a premium on guys having a quote-unquote 'real job'. I've had a lot more success just mentioning in passing as a hobby (if it comes up at all), and instead steering conversation toward non-employment related topics.

Anyhow, that's my deal; curious about how others have fared in this regard. War stories (beats/brags/variance) especially welcome.