Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Full Tilt Ironman and MGR

Does participating in the Ironman freerolls effect your MGR?

Does getting medals effect your MGR?

Does cashing medals for something effect your MGR?

I looked on their website and didn't see anything. It's been a while since I played there, and I thought I remember back when they started the Ironman if you played the tourney it lowered your MGR.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Full Tilt Ironman and MGR

Redeeming medals does not effect your MGR.

Any bonus cleared is subtracted from your MGR. Any FTP's redeemed effects your MGR. So redeeming your medals for FTP'[s or bonuses will effect your MGR indirectly. Redeeming them for other items will not effect your MGR at all.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:04 AM

About everything you do will lower your MGR...

Freerolls lower your MGR by the implied value of the entry..ie prize pool/number of entries

Medals do not directly impact your MGR but it will when you buy something...Except for if you purchase tourney token..Bonuses are a reduction the same as any other bonus..If you buy point your MGR will be reduced when you buy something in the store...
Old 07-10-2007, 12:09 AM

Just for clarification, since it's asked ALL the damn time: MGR =/= rakeback. If $10 is deducted from your MGR, that means that $2.70 will be deducted from your rakeback (i.e. 27%).

[ QUOTE ]
Does participating in the Ironman freerolls effect your MGR?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Your equity in the tournament is deducted. e.g. $10 will be deducted if the tournament had 100 people participating and the prize pool was $1,000.

[ QUOTE ]
Does getting medals effect your MGR?

[/ QUOTE ]
No.

[ QUOTE ]
Does cashing medals for something effect your MGR?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. However, the bonus will deduct from your MGR as you earn it, and the FTP points are deducted when you use them. Tournament tickets do not affect your MGR unless there is an overlay in the tournament prize pool.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:01 AM

There should be a sticky about this. A new thread with exactly the same questions sees the light at least once a week.

Mike, you should be able to do something about this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There should be a sticky about this. A new thread with exactly the same questions sees the light at least once a week.

Mike, you should be able to do something about this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, as I just started learning about this and have a lot of questions.....

I get rakeback and am cgoing to be a pretty high volume player(2000+ points per day). I pretty much am a total beginner to rakeback and iron man so any FAQ/guide would be greatly appriciated. A few questions:

-Based on my understanding, you get a certain level of medal by making a certain number of points for a bunch of days in a row....but how do you earn more than one per month? I'm really confused by the system, and their website didn't do a good job of explaining it.

-So by cashing in any of these I'm losing on part of my rakeback, right? If so is it still a good deal? I'd rather not deal with any low prize freeroll tourneys if they're going to affect my rakeback as I probably won't care enough to do anything more than push every hand(unless the prize is actually meaningful). Basically can someone just walk me through the best way to go about making the most money possible.

-If I get a table named after me, I assume that saves my spot at the table, right? How long does that last and can I have more than one each month?

Sorry for all of these newbie questions, but their site really confused me a lot. Oh and for the record I've probably helped more people here than anyone else regarding Stars FPPs/VPPs and I even made a FAQ, so hopefully I'll have good karma from that and someone can walk me through all this. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:49 AM

Mr. Oat Runner,

At 2000+ points per day you'll meet the max qualification each day as qualifying caps out at 200 pts. See the chart here:

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/promoti...nman/index.php

You need at least 50 points daily to qualify for bronze or silver levels. To get to Iron you need at least 200 points a day for at least 25 days in the month. Since you'll be playing a lot, the only thing you really need to make sure of is playing 25 days out of each month to qualify. If you don't hit Iron, there are lower levels such as Gold for playing at least 20 days, or Silver for playing at least 15 days out of the month.

Let's say you hit Iron each month. That means you get 100 medals as shown in the Iron Man Medals chart. Then you get an additional choice. You can choose to take another 100 Bonus Medals or play in a freeroll ($30K prize pool for Iron). Medals are not deducted from your rakeback, however the equity or value of the freeroll is deducted from rakeback the way DMoogle explained above. If you don't think you'll cash in tourneys then you'll want the bonus medals so your rakeback doesn't drop.

If you continue to qualify for Iron (or even a lower level) each month, the amount of medals you receive goes up. Your second month you'll receive 120 instead of 100 for Iron. Your fourth month you'll receive 150 medals instead of 120 and so on. You also get the choice each month of taking Bonus Medals or playing in the freeroll, however the bonus medals remain at 100 each month. You do have to be a degenerate and qualify each month. If you miss a month you start over at the beginning.

If you get a table named after you, it saves a spot for you at all times. If you pick a 6max table, for instance, it will basically be a 5max table until you sit down. You choose what game, stakes, etc., but you must use the username you registered at FT with. I don't know the answers to the other questions.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:59 AM

Thanks a ton. Let me ask a few more specific questions...

[ QUOTE ]
You can choose to take another 100 Bonus Medals or play in a freeroll ($30K prize pool for Iron).

[/ QUOTE ]
Where will I choose this? Will something just pop up once I load FT on the 1st day of the new month?

[ QUOTE ]
If you get a table named after you, it saves a spot for you at all times. If you pick a 6max table, for instance, it will basically be a 5max table until you sit down. You choose what game, stakes, etc., but you must use the username you registered at FT with. I don't know the answers to the other questions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this table only for one month or permanent?

[ QUOTE ]
Medals are not deducted from your rakeback

[/ QUOTE ]
Understood, but when I purchase items with the medals is that deducted?

Also any recommendations on best value in the store?
Old 08-15-2007, 02:12 AM

Ok, starting to understand it all now as I look over the website more and more. One last question:

200 points is ridiculously easy to earn each day. I assume that you all have discussed having a higher level to try to reach each day...what has been full tilt's stance on this? Maybe have a 1000 per day club and then an ultra exclusive 3000 per day club similar to PokerStars SN Elite.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:17 AM

1) Yes, exactly. You'll have a personalized page that shows the points you accumulate each day. From there you select whether you want the freeroll or bonus medals.

2) I'm pretty sure it's permanent as I see others whose tables have remained for months but you may want to doublecheck this and the other questions with FT support.

3) Depends on what you buy. Cash bonuses are deducted (like the signup bonus) but buying a table, tourney tickets or Full Tilt Points are not. However once you use those points to purchase a physical item, the value of the item is deducted from MGR so it'll be like getting the item at a 73% discount if I understand correctly. Someone else clarify if I'm wrong here.

You may want to doublecheck with your rakeback affiliate or Full Tilt directly if you're looking at an item specifically. If you haven't signed with an affiliate yet, do it through me so I can get the referral bonus. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]