Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 05:53 PM

Default LO8 - Anyone have longterm success from 3/6 and up (on Stars)?

I'm going nuts here, seems like routine variance is killing me. Go through an upswing, several cashouts -> big downswing. I'm making a lot of river mistakes and I mean a TON. Reading people completely wrong. Folding in hands I probably should've called, calling when maybe I should've mucked. SHed has just been ridiculously aggressive at all levels. I can't figure out a way to beat it longterm. I'm B/E at 3/6 over 60k hands. Roughly the same at 5/10 (before today's awful session) over 10k hands.

I don't know, I look over my tracker hands and can find odd mistakes here and there but nothing that would change my game drastically. I avg 1.77bb at 2/4 over 75k hands, so why the huge dropoff?

I can def. blame tilt for so much lost money but after that, WTF?!?!?

Back to the original question: Anyone have longterm success at 08 on stars?
Old 03-19-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: LO8 - Anyone have longterm success from 3/6 and up (on Stars)?

I have on the 5/10 6-Max haven't played as many hands as you but I've played 12,000 and have an average of 6.??bb/100. The biggest difference once you start moving up is to learn how to control the betting more. This leads you to having more information on your opponent. It is often pretty easy to make reads on players at this level and you should be able to save a few bets on the river. Secondly you need a pretty decent size bankroll at least $5,000 if you want to be playing the 5/10. I played short for about a year and it cost me dearly a few times.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:04 AM

First of all, 2/4 on Stars is INSANELY profitable.
As long as you stick to a couple tables with known
fish (which there were plenty of back when I was
playing these 6 months ago) then the game is almost
always profitable, and usually at a high rate 5bb+/100

I haven't checked my Pokertracker DB in awhile,
but I had longterm success at the 3/6 & 5/10 games as well
on Stars. Between those two games I have about 50k hands
I think.

However, at 10/20+ I am a big loser. (although I was
a winner for 30k hands, and then wasted it in 5k hands)

Out of my 100k+ hands at the cash O8 games Im a decent
long term winner, at 3bb/100 or so.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:09 AM

You say you don't know what youre doing wrong, but then you say youre making "a TON" of river mistakes. And you tilt. These two leaks alone is more than enough to make you just a breakeven player. It's kinda hard to "read" people online, so maybe youre just overanlyzing everything and not playing with your gut instinct.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:24 PM

I see many guys claiming these huge 4 to 7bb/100 long term winrates, but I think most of it is hot air. I've got a PT database of 500k hand between 2/4 and 10/20 and the highest winrate with players logging over 10k hands is a tad over 3BB/100. That's the highest of everyone (and it's not me). Seems like most of the top players make about 1.5BB/100 long term in these low limit games. The rake is a killer.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see many guys claiming these huge 4 to 7bb/100 long term winrates, but I think most of it is hot air. I've got a PT database of 500k hand between 2/4 and 10/20 and the highest winrate with players logging over 10k hands is a tad over 3BB/100. That's the highest of everyone (and it's not me). Seems like most of the top players make about 1.5BB/100 long term in these low limit games. The rake is a killer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I too think alot of people exaggerate their winrates. It so easy to do in low limits though, and this game can be very frustrating. I have a little over 300 hrs logged since october, and Im pulling in around 1.75bb/hr. I'm frustrated because I've been in a BE point right now, but I shouldnt beat myself up over it.

Put it this way, If I was playing at a professional level, say the blinds were $1000, then Id be sitting at half a million of winnings. Not that its that easy because of other factors, but just generally speaking. This is why I think people get frustrated like this, they want to make a ton of money when it just isn't realistic while playing a low stakes game. And the rake is a killer, more so in the low stakes, making it an even harder game to beat.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We play the same players at the same site. I have 380K hands in my DB.

With about 25 players having 10K hands or more, only 2 are winners of 2BB/100 and up.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We play the same players at the same site. I have 380K hands in my DB.

With about 25 players having 10K hands or more, only 2 are winners of 2BB/100 and up.

[/ QUOTE ]

While not quite as large as your DB 1MoreFish, my 6 figure PTDB shows almost every regular player as a losing player. I am sure with bonus/ RB they are up money but it is not from playing winning O8. In fact, I only have 2 players with significant sample sizes that are winning at more than 1.5PTBB/100... and one of them is me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2007, 02:21 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

You are the winningest (is that a word?) player I face Phidelt799 - well ahead of Bojazi, who is the other one I was referring to.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:22 PM

BTW, Phidelt799 - why doesn't the link to your website work any more?