Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do I start at RB?
S. Alexander (if he plays) @ SF 8 42.11%
M. Jones-Drew Vs NYG 2 10.53%
F. Taylor Vs NYG 5 26.32%
W. Dunn @ Bal 1 5.26%
T. Henry @ PHI 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: WTF at a guy knocking out a girl right in front of me...

I saw someone knock someone out in front of me on the sidewalk once. The guy that was knocked out fell flat and hit his head very hard. A lot of people saw it and gathered around the guy that was knocked out. I followed the guy that did the knocking and flagged down a cop in a few blocks.

I'm not sure if that was the right play or not.

The police stopped the guy and I identified him. They waited there and talked to other cops/ambulance guys on their radios. The guy that got knocked out woke up and just left. He didn't want to go to the hospital or testify against the guy or anything. The cops let the guy that did the knocking go.

I didn't see what led up to the punch, but the knocker claimed that the other guy spat in his face.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw someone knock someone out in front of me on the sidewalk once. The guy that was knocked out fell flat and hit his head very hard. A lot of people saw it and gathered around the guy that was knocked out. I followed the guy that did the knocking and flagged down a cop in a few blocks.

The police stopped the guy and I identified him. They waited there and talked to other cops/ambulance guys on their radios. The guy that got knocked out woke up and just left. He didn't want to go to the hospital or testify against the guy or anything. The cops let the guy that did the knocking go.

I didn't see what led up to the punch, but the knocker claimed that the other guy spat in his face.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude just MYOB is a spot like this.

i mean not only do you not know what happened prior to the KI, but the puncher could really [censored] you up if he sees you hollering for cops and [censored].
Old 11-13-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i mean not only do you not know what happened prior to the KI, but the puncher could really [censored] you up if he sees you hollering for cops and [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Decision was between asking the guy why he decked the other guy and getting police, not MMOB.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Decision was between asking the guy why he decked the other guy and getting police, not MMOB.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait couldn't you have just did nothing? unless i am misreading.

im not really trying to get on your case, but if there ends u being a serious crime the police will almost certainly find out who the guy was. no need for you to get involved and maybe harmed. plus maybe the guy who got knocked out was a pedo (or a total tool who deserved it or a colts fan etc) and was hit for that reason.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wait couldn't you have just did nothing? unless i am misreading.

im not really trying to get on your case, but if there ends u being a serious crime the police will almost certainly find out who the guy was. no need for you to get involved and maybe harmed. plus maybe the guy who got knocked out was a pedo (or a total tool who deserved it or a colts fan etc) and was hit for that reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is certainly why I'd never just hit the dude that did it or anything.

I don't think the police would have found out. The guy would have walked off and no one else was going to do or say anything. No one was going to call either, because although people around here might not know this, there was a time when people didn't all carry phones around. I think the event happened in about 1988 or so.

I could have done nothing, but I wasn't thinking about that. It didn't seem incredibly dangerous to follow the guy and I'm generally not afraid to get involved in spots like this.

I'm not totally sure why so many people are so reluctant to get involved in things. I don't think it's always fear of personal injury. Sometimes people just aren't sure what to do, so they do nothing. Anyway, I think people are disproportionately afraid of other people in spots like this and there's some deeper social instinctive kinda stuff involved. It could be that people are partly afraid of the possible humiliation involved or that they are yielding status to someone they perceive to be higher ranking in that situation.

I'm just throwing some thoughts out here and it's not just directed at you, sublime.

Some other things to think about in general:

Compare getting involved in some potentially dangerous situation with strangers to riding a motorcycle on the freeway or some other dangerous thing people do. (I do it and often tunnel)

Compare getting involved in a potentially violent situation when you decide it's the right thing to do and you are just a regular guy vs. a cop or a soldier who might be doing it because it's his job or under orders.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:36 AM

I would have punched him in the throat and then stuck my thumb in his eye socket.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

For those that differ from my opinion, good luck in your ass kickings and may all your left hooks land clear across her eye shadow and your right uppercuts concuss the broad. Don't forget to re-roid up afterwards though....don't wanna come down from this high [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

For someone who at first came accross as a very level headed dude, you just wrote what is maybe the most duchebaggery statement of the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be fookin joking. That prize was already taken by all the retards saying 'she deserved it'. Or perhaps they think they are just being funny, yeah EL OH EL
Old 11-14-2007, 01:53 AM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PbbjjcXX7dM

I probably would have tried to fight the guy because there are few things that enrage me more than guys hitting girls, but I know that is not the right move. Well played by not getting involved right away.

I don't really understand the argument against calling the cops, though. Obviously you are getting yourself involved to a greater degree, but what is the big risk there? I have no idea what the typical police protocol is for situations like that.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:09 PM

That video is freakin hilarious.

Disturbance- I agree. My comment was obviously made in spite of them....
Old 11-14-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PbbjjcXX7dM

[/ QUOTE ]

lolol thats what you get for happy slapping the wrong guy