Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
T. Brady vs IND 3 50.00%
D. Brees @ TB 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really see anything beyond a full admission that they [censored] up/got screwed as being a viable resolution.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I vote we give them another chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me? How would you ever play on Absolute poker again??? They have lied to me a bunch of times in the past (and admitted doing so). This is nothing new.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then he asked one question that sounded promising -- the first thing I've heard from an AP employee that gives me hope. He asked me if the players would be satisfied if we were to simply be returned the money that we lost to GRAYCAT, STEAMROLLER, POTRIPPER, and DOUBLEDRAG.

[/ QUOTE ] that's your confession, right there

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. At least not in a legal sense. "What would it take to make this go away?" is not the same as "I did it. How much do I owe." We have to remember not to get carried away and forget the distinction between what we know and have proved, what we suspect and can reasonably infer, and what is pure speculation at this point. I think we're doing a pretty good job to this point. Let's keep that up.

[ QUOTE ]
nice post dan, i can't wait to hear more

[/ QUOTE ]

however Dan, I think its way too early to even consider giving AP another chance. This story is starting to pick up some serious steam and the way AP handles will go a long way in the decision of many to even consider going back or even signing up for AP.

I've never had an AP account however I know a few casual poker playing friends who do and as of right now they no longer have any funds on that site and don't plan to in the future.

Yes to some extent AP might have been victimized by a couple employees on the inside but my greater concerns are the overall implications to the online poker industry as a whole. If this can be a lesson to other major sites in taking the necessary steps in securing their networks and preventing leaks of the nature seen at AP, this could be a big step in improving the quality of the industry as a whole.

Druff, any solution whereby they come out and tell more lies is unacceptable. They to take tell the truth, whole truth, nothing but the truth. They need to get rid of anyone and everyone involved in the debacle, refund all parties, and implement sweeping security changes.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:07 PM

Well, if they don't admit wrongdoing and the existence of superusers, their integrity will take a permanent hit. It won't be as bad if it's a "but we acknowledge chip dumping and are giving the money back, wink wink nudge nudge," but it's still less than an ideal response given all the evidence that has appeared.

If they were to admit wrongdoing, then their integrity will still take a hit...with the difference being that coming clean affords them the opportunity to restore that integrity. If they were to admit:
- We had superuser accounts for testing purposes/whatever reason they were there
- They were not designed to be used ever again
- Certain executives within the company (Scott Tom, AJ Green) made an unfortunate decision to utilize these accounts to cheat other players for their personal gain

...and then fire all of those douchebags and anyone else that was complicit in the operation, and rebuild management from the ground up with some experts that the poker community might actually trust. For example, pay Lee Jones a shitton of money to leave the EPT and manage their room and give him access to everything. Everyone trusts Lee Jones! I know I would.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:09 PM

Todd,

In your next phonecall with Absolute I think you definitely need to address the fact that there is new information from sources that identify POTRIPPER as AJ Green, the former director of operations at Absolute

Excellent work thus far, sir!

[ QUOTE ]
wow, reading the comments on digg is very depressing and why I wish this never would have made the front page.

so much for any new fish anytime soon

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a lot better than "so much for showing the poker sites that we won't allow them to get away with stuff like this." All of you greedy ass nits need to look at the bigger picture. Jesus.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really see anything beyond a full admission that they [censored] up/got screwed as being a viable resolution.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like DanDruff got payed off! wtf at being fine w/ that BS escape plan?? (granted, giving the money back to peope that were actually cheated is key, but thats still not close to acceptable imo)

[ QUOTE ]
wow, reading the comments on digg is very depressing and why I wish this never would have made the front page.

so much for any new fish anytime soon

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, 75% of the idiots I encounter at the tables already think it's rigged and they still play. As exhibited by ikestoys, there are even good people who will play in the face of obvious, obvious cheating. Between that and my feelings that the market over here is probably pretty damn saturated, I can't see this making a big difference.
Closed Thread