Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: devilfish

hes hilarious
Old 08-02-2007, 05:36 PM

He's always come off as a big D-Bag to me... I remember when he was playing against Raymer and made a pretty bad bluff that Raymer picked off. Then he said something like, "I should know not to bluff a calling station." -- as if Greg hadn't just PWNED him!!
Old 08-02-2007, 05:59 PM

I like him a lot ... he's an ass with a sense of humor.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He aged about 10 years overnight when he dropped the suit/glasses/slicked back hair look for whatever it's supposed to be now.

The irony is that we reckon he thought it would make him look younger, for the ladeeeeez.

[/ QUOTE ]

pics of the new old devil?
Old 08-02-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i like him

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? He's a big, whiny douche.

[/ QUOTE ]
so what?
i used to NOT like him, but after the final table i really like him.
and let him whine!
if u lose a final table just because some crazy goofball sucks out on everybody at the table you have the right to whine!
its the wsop world champion in PLO ffs!
Old 08-03-2007, 02:11 AM

Watching this final table made me wish for a return to last year's, much more restrictive version of the "F-bomb" rule.

Hearing <bleep> every other word made me think I was watching the Jerry Springer show or something.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Watching this final table made me wish for a return to last year's, much more restrictive version of the "F-bomb" rule.

Hearing &lt;bleep&gt; every other word made me think I was watching the Jerry Springer show or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

people who dont like cursing can go [censored] themselves.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he's an ass and can't handle any beat. check out the angle shot on zeejustin at the H.O.R.S.E. event this year (it's in his blog). total dick. i used to respect him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you referring to Robert Williamson? I can't find anything about a Devilfish angleshoot in ZJs blog.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Like his bony balding ass has a prayer with the hostess (can't remember if it was Hiatt or the one after).

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be surprised. I don't know anything about how he acts at the table, but every single time I've seen devilfish he has been:

(1) drunk/stoned out of his mind
(2) completely incomprehensible
(3) performing some ridiculous stunt or musical routine
(4) surrounded by at least 3 girls who are at worst 8s, all staring at him with looks of adoration on their face

In Aruba, he got on the stage with the live band, took the lead guitarist's guitar, and played and sang Sultans of Swing. And he was really good.

Later that night I saw him at Carlos and Charlies, on the stage giving some 21yo girl a lapdance while stripping. She seemed to be enjoying it too- and he was a pretty good dancer! (Devilfish ex male stripper?)

In Monaco, I saw him at a party. His social group was taking up an entire corner of the club, and was composed of himself, a couple disgruntled looking euros, and at least 12 hot girls staring at him in rapt attention as he told some incomprehensible story. Later that night, some friends and I were walking to a new place when I ran into Devilfish waiting on a corner for a cab. I asked him where he was going, and managed to discern "high stakes poker game" from his response. He invited me to come to the game. At this point, I had met into Devilfish at least 5 times prior at live tournaments, and every time I had been unable to figure out whether he remembered me in the slightest. I told him I didn't have much money on me, and he offered to stake me with no other details. Having no idea what this might mean for me, and realizing he was having some difficulty standing, I chose not to take him up on the offer.

In Dublin, some friends and I were in the crappy hotel lobby, enjoying a drink while waiting for some other people. There was some oldish lady on the piano. Devilfish walked into the room, spotted the piano, and managed to steal it from her long enough to perform an excellent rendition of honky tonk blues. Immediately afterwards, a group of beautiful women appeared out of nowhere to clap for him and welcome him into their social circle.

I can't understand a word he says ever, and I have no idea if the women who seem to be magnetically attracted to him can, but he always impresses me with his awesomeness.

So, even if the guy is an awful poker player and a miserable human being to people at the poker table, I'd cut him some slack. The man is just living his life.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Like his bony balding ass has a prayer with the hostess (can't remember if it was Hiatt or the one after).

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be surprised. I don't know anything about how he acts at the table, but every single time I've seen devilfish he has been:

(1) drunk/stoned out of his mind
(2) completely incomprehensible
(3) performing some ridiculous stunt or musical routine
(4) surrounded by at least 3 girls who are at worst 8s, all staring at him with looks of adoration on their face

In Aruba, he got on the stage with the live band, took the lead guitarist's guitar, and played and sang Sultans of Swing. And he was really good.

Later that night I saw him at Carlos and Charlies, on the stage giving some 21yo girl a lapdance while stripping. She seemed to be enjoying it too- and he was a pretty good dancer! (Devilfish ex male stripper?)

In Monaco, I saw him at a party. His social group was taking up an entire corner of the club, and was composed of himself, a couple disgruntled looking euros, and at least 12 hot girls staring at him in rapt attention as he told some incomprehensible story. Later that night, some friends and I were walking to a new place when I ran into Devilfish waiting on a corner for a cab. I asked him where he was going, and managed to discern "high stakes poker game" from his response. He invited me to come to the game. At this point, I had met into Devilfish at least 5 times prior at live tournaments, and every time I had been unable to figure out whether he remembered me in the slightest. I told him I didn't have much money on me, and he offered to stake me with no other details. Having no idea what this might mean for me, and realizing he was having some difficulty standing, I chose not to take him up on the offer.

In Dublin, some friends and I were in the crappy hotel lobby, enjoying a drink while waiting for some other people. There was some oldish lady on the piano. Devilfish walked into the room, spotted the piano, and managed to steal it from her long enough to perform an excellent rendition of honky tonk blues. Immediately afterwards, a group of beautiful women appeared out of nowhere to clap for him and welcome him into their social circle.

I can't understand a word he says ever, and I have no idea if the women who seem to be magnetically attracted to him can, but he always impresses me with his awesomeness.

So, even if the guy is an awful poker player and a miserable human being to people at the poker table, I'd cut him some slack. The man is just living his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

speaking of a party, did pics from that rager you threw ever get posted?