Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 07:48 AM

Default TP OTB multiway - Turn question

Table is LP. UTG plays loose but not unreasonable and is running hot. No real reads on the others.

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333"> UTG bets </font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, Hero ??

So what is the line here ? Turn-betting with middle pair is well in UTGs range. Pocket 44 / 66 or 2pair is also possible.
What do I do UI on the river if UTG donks again. Is downcalling the way to go ?

Thanx.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:57 AM

Default Re: TP OTB multiway - Turn question

Considering this is .02/.04, I could well see him do this with any Ax, any pair and of course 2-pair and set. I'd treat this a WA/WB, where I think I'm WA more often than WB. So I raise one more time, but will call down after a 3-bet.
At this limit, I'm only folding if I have a read/stats for him being very passive.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:25 AM

I always feel quite uncomfortable in these situations (multiway with vulnerable hand) because I can never seem to get a grip on against what I am up. The usual slowplayed sets, the calling-stations chasing weird draws or whatever. I'd feel way better with this table if it were HU.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:17 AM

IMO a turn raise would be pointless. Really I'm comfortable with calling down. But probably fold if if UTG+1 or MP3 raises the river.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:00 PM

I usually call down here, including the river if he bets again, which he probably will. I won't call two UI though.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Considering this is .02/.04, I could well see him do this with any Ax, any pair and of course 2-pair and set. I'd treat this a WA/WB, where I think I'm WA more often than WB. So I raise one more time, but will call down after a 3-bet.
At this limit, I'm only folding if I have a read/stats for him being very passive.

[/ QUOTE ]
How often do you think you're WA here, considering that not only is there the guy donking, but there are also two guys calling these bets?
Old 07-31-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How often do you think you're WA here, considering that not only is there the guy donking, but there are also two guys calling these bets?

[/ QUOTE ]
You must not play much .02/.04 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. It wouldn't surprise for UTG to show down Kx, much less Ax. The two cold-callers can easily have gutshots/any pair, and I really doubt that they have you beat. Raise the turn, and call down if you get 3-bet. And don't call two or more on the river UI.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The two cold-callers can easily have gutshots/any pair, and I really doubt that they have you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure about that. I played my 200 hands today same limit and I got twice whipped when AA/QQ played slooowly. No PFR, first lead/raise on the river.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The two cold-callers can easily have gutshots/any pair, and I really doubt that they have you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure about that. I played my 200 hands today same limit and I got twice whipped when AA/QQ played slooowly. No PFR, first lead/raise on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the .02/.04 games have toughened up post-legislation, then online poker is doomed anyway.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:32 PM

*lol*

Anyway, I decided to raise because I wasn't convinced that UTG had me beat and it went like this.

Turn: (11.25 BB) [4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (23.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 27.25 BB