Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2006, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Firepay/Neteller/Stars Decision Impact

[ QUOTE ]
but I knew if I withdrew all my funds, my wife might go shopping!

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the outcome that many of us face and are hoping to avoid at all cost. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

ZBT and TruCEO, Thanks for the update.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:31 PM

So you are basically saying we can use Neteller and business as usual?
Old 10-10-2006, 05:35 PM

*exhale*

Thanks for the news.

-Jaxx
Old 10-10-2006, 05:49 PM

This is good news, but the follow up question is will banks allow deposits and withdrawls from neteller. Neteller wasnt really directly affected by the new law, but Banks are.

So even if Neteller is, as a matter of company policy, accepting funds from US players, will the banks allow funds to transfer to/from neteller.

Technically, banks wouldnt be in violation of the law, as Neteller is not a gambling site, but some feel banks will not take the chance and just block transfers to/from neteller anyway.

I sure would like to hear from people with more knowlege than I on this angle.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:36 PM

seeing as how i used firepay to deposit on stars and therefore will use it to cash out, should i be cashing out ASAP? or can i wait/play on stars for the time being? thoughts?
Old 10-10-2006, 06:44 PM

I have always considered Stars to be the most reputable and professional of all the sites. I am thinking of transferred my money there and waiting. Their checks have always come right away and they have 100% of our deposits in a seperate account. They will not go out of business. They will just be a smaller business.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have always considered Stars to be the most reputable and professional of all the sites. I am thinking of transferred my money there and waiting. Their checks have always come right away and they have 100% of our deposits in a seperate account. They will not go out of business. They will just be a smaller business.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have to cash out X amount via firepay, because that was my method of deposit....im not worried about stars not allowing my money out, im worried about firepay, and therefore i beg the question, should i cash out now? if stars does block off US residents, i would be screwed...
Old 10-10-2006, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seeing as how i used firepay to deposit on stars and therefore will use it to cash out, should i be cashing out ASAP? or can i wait/play on stars for the time being? thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

A few weeks ago I asked Stars support if I could have money that was sent in via Firepay cashed out to Neteller, to avoid the Firepay fees. They told me this was possible but I had to ask for my Firepay account to be blocked. I did this and the system then allowed me to cash out via Neteller.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A few weeks ago I asked Stars support if I could have money that was sent in via Firepay cashed out to Neteller, to avoid the Firepay fees. They told me this was possible but I had to ask for my Firepay account to be blocked. I did this and the system then allowed me to cash out via Neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

right, unfortunately i dont have a neteller account at the moment because i live in maryland. i can set up a neteller account with a DC address probably but thatll take time, time that i/we may not have
Old 10-10-2006, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Technically, banks wouldnt be in violation of the law, as Neteller is not a gambling site, but some feel banks will not take the chance and just block transfers to/from neteller anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Banks are going to have to follow whatever procedures are set forth in the regulations to be promulgated by the Treasury and the Federal Reserve. I personally doubt those regulations will block intermediaries like Neteller, but I have absolutely no way of knowing until a draft of the regulations are published.

I strongly doubt that banks will start blocking financial intermediaries on their own when not required to do so by the forthcoming regulations. That would just piss off their customers for no reason.