Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: A Seif Bet - for those who still believe a word he, or AP, says

[ QUOTE ]
I happen to have a couple thousand hand histories saved from when Mark won 150k+ in a week or so in Feburary playing 150/300. A friend of mine happened to stop in and watch me for a couple sessions, and wow was he owning me in every way possible, not misplaying a single one. Anyways, I lost about 100k straight mostly to him, and cashed out the rest of my money later on that month and haven't played there since. It's possible I was playing bad/tilted, or he was just playing very good at the time. Anyways, I'm going to dig up the hand histories and see what I find. Might take me a couple days to get them, but I'll take a look and if there's anything interesting I'll zip them up and put them on the web.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um....jaw - floor - hits
Old 11-01-2007, 11:43 AM

Hand histories from Feb this year are 5 months after AP moved its servers (Sept 2006). IF AP is using the server move as the excuse for 'losing' them, they still have yours. Write to them. In fact, don't tell them whether or not you can find them yourself... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Essentially, you will force them to scrap that lie, and revert to the 'we can't afford to store 30Gig per month' nonsense*.

(*although, phrasing it like that, it ain't a lie - AP really can't afford to have hand histories lying around...)

The only reason to delete their own data is to cover-up massive, systematic fraud from the day AP started trading. Super-user accounts (we only caught #363, after all - there's at least another 362 to check), low-limit bots grinding the small fry, fixed bad-beat jackpots, you name it - AP is capable of all this and worse.

I also think the bad guys are still in charge behind the scenes and the investigation even now is a total sham. These are not rogue employees, they are the true owners of Absolute Poker (Joe Norton is just a powerless figurehead). They haven't fired themselves, or bought themselves out. Nor has AP named and shamed the cheats - as is their right under the AP T&C, and moral obligation to everyone else. Why not name them? Because the cheats are still running the show, that's why not.

If AP looks like player numbers are seriously dipping, I expect them to shut down with no warning and keep every cent that is on deposit with them. They're now offering 10% interest on player deposits, ffs. Good sign, no?

AP has no interest whatsoever in 'coming clean' or 'doing the right thing', because it's still being run by the same bunch of criminals. To think otherwise is naive bordering on delusional.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:40 PM

Isnt it crazy how theres *anyone* playin there?

Imagine a B&M where the owner just walked around lifting huge sums of players money off the table and pocketing it , then sayin "You suck at poker btw" and walkin away chuckling to themselves

Sickeneing
Old 11-01-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I happen to have a couple thousand hand histories saved from when Mark won 150k+ in a week or so in Feburary playing 150/300. A friend of mine happened to stop in and watch me for a couple sessions, and wow was he owning me in every way possible, not misplaying a single one. Anyways, I lost about 100k straight mostly to him, and cashed out the rest of my money later on that month and haven't played there since. It's possible I was playing bad/tilted, or he was just playing very good at the time. Anyways, I'm going to dig up the hand histories and see what I find. Might take me a couple days to get them, but I'll take a look and if there's anything interesting I'll zip them up and put them on the web.

[/ QUOTE ]

??????
Old 11-01-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW!!!

GOGOGOGOGO
Old 11-01-2007, 02:30 PM

TONGGGGGGGGGGGNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Old 11-01-2007, 03:26 PM

For what it's worth, PokerStars has confirmed that they will supply players with a copy of any cash game hand history they have ever played, no matter how long ago...

Pretty stark contrast to AP.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OR...most of the people on this site would be ridiculing him right now for walking away from the only endorsement deal he'd ever have a shot at. Seriously, which is more likely?

[/ QUOTE ]

Endorsements don't mean &^$## if your name is mud. The longer Mark remains associated with AP, the more tainted he becomes. His defense of the Potripper tourney borders on the insane - once you lose your good name, what do you have left?

I can see end-states where either (1) AP goes down, and drags Mark down with them, or (2) AP cleans house, and jettisons the "spokesperson" tainted by his association with, and defense of, the cheating former management.

It's a pity, really. I realize I'm in the minority, but I actually liked his commentary on the Professional Poker Tour.

Cheers, Carl.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:24 AM

bump
Old 11-02-2007, 10:27 AM

just wondering what going on with those HH tongni, We sure would like to see them, at least get them to Nat and crew