Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Re: questions about heaven

[ QUOTE ]
hat is this garbage?

you think logically we should be able to see that we have a soul because we use first person pronouns?

have you read ANYTHING at all about theories of consciousness or mind?

[/ QUOTE ]

A mocking idiot should really refrain from posting. This is way over your head because you have no prudence or forbearance but I am ever hopeful. We're not talking about words without meaning big boy. Breathe a little air and sleep on it.The only way you could comprehend a tomato at present is on a BLT sandwich.

The next vision you're going to have is me walking down the hall and disappearing around the corner.Sayonara cornbread, You'll never know about that corner for it sure isn't a tomato.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:38 PM

Does a brain not functioning well have a soul? Someone with no memory who forgets his feelings after five minutes or a retarded person?
Old 09-04-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does a brain not functioning well have a soul? Someone with no memory who forgets his feelings after five minutes or a retarded person?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, a person who presents with illness or if retarded has a soul but if the earthly aspect of the human being is diseased the patient will present with symptoms due to the soul not being able to interface the body properly.If one has an inflamed brain then high thinking or logic is obviated or retarded and this is illness. Only the body becomes diseased, not the soul.

Health and illness are two aspects of life and one is not more real than the other.They are both part of living as qualitative polar aspects and are both natural.

A microcephalic has a soul and in a real way this soul experiences the body and life differently but the importance to that soul is not lessened relative to the healthy. So anyone who comes to euthanasia should understand that this man is also living out its karma which is absolutely necessary for this human being.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:36 PM

Or its just that terms like the soul, karma and heaven are all in people's imaginations right?
Old 09-04-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or its just that terms like the soul, karma and heaven are all in people's imaginations right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not figments of the imagination or hallucinations. My original post was to logically follow how one can come to the concept of the soul but this does not mean that you will have the soul laid on your plate.

Try another one.Man is only his physicality as seen through the senses. He is weighable and can be measured . He is composed of material matter as per common scientific usage. This man walks the earth from childhood to youth adulthood to middle age to old age and then death.

We therefore see him as only this physical matter and he dies and this physical matter decomposes into the periodic table of the elements, sodium, potassium, hydrogen, oxygen, magnesium, etc. As a physical scientist one cannot posit anything else but this matter and this person enters into annihilation. To be conscious after this annihilation would mean for each specific element to be conscious but this looks impossible for the total human being is certainly not the elements alone but together.

So a scientist comes along and says that this is not quite right and will posit a "glue" which holds the body together but and posits another materiality to account for the human physical coordination. But this doesn't answer the question for the "glue " also decomposes.It is in fact is the perspective of the pure atheistic materialist position.

Another scientist comes around and says, I don't see that the materialist position holds water for this "glue" is not material but of a non material origin. This is a theory by the scientist and he thinks that it is possible to examine this realm by studying the interactions of matter and obtaining scientific evidence of this "glue" which is not material. So he proceeds and attempts to find this theorized "glue" and attempts to bring his findings to his fellow scientists. The difficulty is that earthly speech is related to the sensible and therefore he has to find a presentation within earthly language for something for which language has not been created. New thoughts couched within normal language are then brought forth in the form of concepts.

Now this "glue" is not the soul but the thinking was meant to present to you the concept of the supersensible. If one can come to grasping of the supersensible one can come to the concept of the soul. In fact this "glue" has a reality and in Anthroposophical understanding is called the "etheric body"(not to be confused with the ether of the physicists). It is of course more than a "glue" and yes, it is p[ossible to experience this "etheric body" consciously via meditative exercises.

Man has four bodies which are physical body, etheric body, astral body and ego(I) all of which can be studied.The etheric body is also called the "life body" which when it separates from the physical body is death.

In ancient esoteric understanding the pentagram is that which is used as a meditative device to experience the "etheric body". Likewise the Jewish Star is that which has been used to meditatively experience the "astral body" or bearer of emotions, passions and sufferings.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man has four bodies which are physical body, etheric body, astral body and ego(I) all of which can be studied.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I was around to hang out with you in the 60's. Had to be a blast.

luckyme
Old 09-04-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

luckyme

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps we hung in another time, too bad it has to be done via the internet but we are living in our time and have to deal with what we've got. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

luckyme

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps we hung in another time, too bad it has to be done via the internet but we are living in our time and have to deal with what we've got. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

bummer, dude

luckyme
Old 09-04-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Man has four bodies which are physical body, etheric body, astral body and ego(I) all of which can be studied.The etheric body is also called the "life body" which when it separates from the physical body is death.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please show how we can scientifically study the "etheric" and "astral" body. How about just proving it exists.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please show how we can scientifically study the "etheric" and "astral" body. How about just proving it exists.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should know that the answer to this is something like "You just have to believe that you have it" or "It's too complicated for you to understand it's meaning"