Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

wow - nice job isles.

only series not tied in the east is atlanta-nyr.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the games going tonight:

NJ goes up 2-0
ATL evens it up at 1-1
BUF goes up 2-0
OTT goes up 2-0

[/ QUOTE ]

That's money. I was wrong in every single one. Though, in this case, the longer series, the better, so it's a good thing.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:11 PM

Man, the Sabres played like [censored] in the 1st period and got out-goaltended.
Gamble - was the crowd as lame as it sounded on tv? WTF
Old 04-14-2007, 11:23 PM

Well, they couldn't go undefeated. Hopefully, that's the wakeup call they needed.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:47 PM

Isles w00t w00t. My game 4 tix look even better now.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You're pathetic. I'm assuming you have some proof that it was the elbow and not the ice that caused the face injury, or are you just assuming because it fits the picture you're trying to paint? You know what? Sharks players can get hurt on clean plays---as the Hartnell/Cheechoo play was. It's pretty much the opposite of what you describe, too. Pretty much everyone who isn't a mindless Sharks homer is saying it wasn't a dirty play. Pretty much everyone who has weighed in on this thread doesn't think it was a dirty play. YOU are the exception here, not me. And FTR, I'm pretty much the farthest thing from a redneck there is.

You're making yourself look like a mindless jackass, which you may be, and you probably should just stop posting here and run along to some San Jose Sharks message board where you and all your brethren can whine together and talk about how dirty everyone else in the NHL is.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right.... the NHL referees are complete retards. Go read the [censored] rule book before posting about dirty plays. It's not all about intent, it's about the actions taken. Hundreds of mindless idiots doesn't mean that a play is clean. You can stfu with the "OMG I KNOW PEOPLE WHO SAY IT WASN'T DIRTY" because for every person you've seen say it wasn't dirty, I can find one who think it was.

It wasn't the [censored] ice that knocked out Cheechoo's tooth. I'll take TSN's word over Barry "Goomba" Trotz every day of the week. But I'm sure you think Radulov has been playing clean for 2 games. Mindless pred homer.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow - nice job isles.

only series not tied in the east is atlanta-nyr.

[/ QUOTE ]

How have the Thrashers looked? What seems like the problem? I haven't been able to catch a game yet.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, the Sabres played like [censored] in the 1st period and got out-goaltended.
Gamble - was the crowd as lame as it sounded on tv? WTF

[/ QUOTE ]
I was there for both games and I think this crowd was a little better than the first night. Its not your usual Sabres crowd because so many season tickets holders are selling their tickets.
I also think that Goo Goo Dolls song sucks that they play before the start of the game and it doesn't get me or the crowd fired up at all.

Gamble what do you think?
Old 04-15-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You're pathetic. I'm assuming you have some proof that it was the elbow and not the ice that caused the face injury, or are you just assuming because it fits the picture you're trying to paint? You know what? Sharks players can get hurt on clean plays---as the Hartnell/Cheechoo play was. It's pretty much the opposite of what you describe, too. Pretty much everyone who isn't a mindless Sharks homer is saying it wasn't a dirty play. Pretty much everyone who has weighed in on this thread doesn't think it was a dirty play. YOU are the exception here, not me. And FTR, I'm pretty much the farthest thing from a redneck there is.

You're making yourself look like a mindless jackass, which you may be, and you probably should just stop posting here and run along to some San Jose Sharks message board where you and all your brethren can whine together and talk about how dirty everyone else in the NHL is.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right.... the NHL referees are complete retards. Go read the [censored] rule book before posting about dirty plays. It's not all about intent, it's about the actions taken. Hundreds of mindless idiots doesn't mean that a play is clean. You can stfu with the "OMG I KNOW PEOPLE WHO SAY IT WASN'T DIRTY" because for every person you've seen say it wasn't dirty, I can find one who think it was.

It wasn't the [censored] ice that knocked out Cheechoo's tooth. I'll take TSN's word over Barry "Goomba" Trotz every day of the week. But I'm sure you think Radulov has been playing clean for 2 games. Mindless pred homer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I could keep making you look dumb in this thread, but you're doing such a good job yourself, there's no reason to. Pretty much no one here agrees with you. The NHL office doesn't agree with you. I haven't seen any of the hockey analysts on the major networks agree with you. Obviously, everyone has it wrong, except for you.

So keep on owning yourself here. Every single post makes you look more retarded. And seriously, you're calling me a homer? LOL, baby. LOL.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:32 AM

The refs didn't give Hartnell a 5 minute major and a game misconduct? Colin Campbell didn't confirm the game misconduct? Bob McKenzie didn't criticize Radulov's dirty hit? Colin Campbell didn't suspend Radulov? The AP and TSN didn't state that the elbow knocked Cheechoo's tooth out? Tootoo didn't sucker punch Clowe? Forsberg doesn't dive?

Wow, I must be living in a different universe. Predators are obviously the cleanest team in the league. Quit with the "omg, my interweb friendz said it's a clean hit!" I've already stated that for every kid you've seen state it wasn't dirty, I can find one that said it was. I've seen fans of every team call the Hartnell hit dirty. Big deal.