Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 05:01 AM

Default the only semi interesting WCP hand

Dunno trying to post a hand here from it this was the only marginal decision I had in the finals.

Blinds 500/1k NO antees I have 44k Canada has a little under 13k to my immediate left. SB and BB have 18k and 25k respectively. We just all joined the table cept BB whose very weak tight. No one for a while wanted to bust for their team but now that each team had 4 people in greg and myself thought games would open up esp considering the stronger players for most teams besides us was in now.

I open KJo to 2500 3rd hand of the heat first open for myself. Daniel N shoves behind after taking ~25 seconds and heming and hawing as I am tanking he's talking a lot and keeps saying we going to coinflip and doing the hand actions of a flip.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:08 AM

Default Re: the only semi interesting WCP hand

ohh yah payout structure was 4k/8k/12k/20k for each player on a team so 20/40/60/100 was technical amounts per place
Old 09-08-2007, 08:42 AM

Unless you think he's angle-shooting you have to call. What hand can he possibly have that has you crushed at this point? You're getting what like 1.7:1 and it seems like any hand that he could have by now you're getting better than those odds.

Also, kill yourself when he shows AK or some ghey [censored].
Old 09-08-2007, 09:28 AM

I haven't ever played with Daniel, but I've seen him play dozens of hours on TV (who hasn't?), and I'd be shocked if he's trying to induce a call with AA or KK or something like that. He's generally pretty open and honest about what he has when he talks about it. I think it's highly likely that he has a small pair, since you're statistically much more likely to have two big cards than a pair, and if he's saying it's going to be a flip, I'd say he has 22-66. Call.