Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2006, 03:25 PM

Default Re: \"Duke Starting to Dominate\"

Old 03-10-2006, 03:40 PM

I agree, Mike Patrick is unbearable to listen to during Duke games. He somehow manages to be 100X worse than Vitale.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree, Mike Patrick is unbearable to listen to during Duke games. He somehow manages to be 100X worse than Vitale.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually like listening to Mike Patrick now solely for comedic reasons. He is so unbelievably bad that he's great on the unintentional comedy scale.

Have you heard him call a game for Georgia Tech when Schenscher was on the team? It was hilarious. There was a play where Jarrett Jack made an amazing pass to Schensherer, who got an easy layup. Patrick: "What an unbelievable play by Schenscher! He does it all! And from what I hear, he's quite the man with the ladies. Gotta love that Aussie charm." WTF?! He lives to lick the ball sweat off Schenscher.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:55 PM

I've decided McDonough/Bilas/Raftery should do every game of every tournament. Make that every sport. It can be three games at once, I don't care, they're that good compared to all these other hacks.
"The kiss denied....you'd know something about that Sean McDonough".

I mean seriously though, Bilas went to Duke and he's ok...why can't Patrick/Vitale at least pretend to be half as objective?
Old 03-10-2006, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
McDonough/Bilas/Raftery

[/ QUOTE ]

certainly my favorite trio for broadcasting college basketball games. Raftery is the king
Old 03-10-2006, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
McDonough/Bilas/Raftery

[/ QUOTE ] certainly my favorite trio for broadcasting college basketball games. Raftery is the king

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the March Madness package on DirectTv, so I've listened to every broadcast team that CBS runs out the past two years. Raftery and Bilas are the two best anyalists by far. They are always the two that the sound stays on. I get real depressed when it gets to the final four and I have to put up with Billy Packer. Half the time the final four ends up on mute.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:46 PM

Dook is Dook. Dey're on tv more dan leeve it to beever reeruns.....

Seriously though, maybe the dumbest thing I've ever heard Patrick say was during the last Duke-FSU game, which FSU won. At one point, Patrick commented on the referrees after a call went against Duke, claiming this was proof that the whole Duke bias was a myth. This is after the referree crew that did the 1st Duke-FSU game was suspended because they did such a horrible job, in favor of Duke. lol
Old 03-10-2006, 07:35 PM

Insightful article by Stewart Mandel on si.com...here is an excerpt:

That's because the Blue Devils' dirty little secret is this: For all the star power in their lineup, they're not overly athletic. With the exception of senior guard Sean Dockery and inconsistent freshman Josh McRoberts, there is no Chris Duhon, Daniel Ewing or Jason Williams out there locking down opposing playmakers. Instead, it's the half-step-too-slow trio of Redick, Greg Paulus and Lee Melchioni.

Bedeviled by D