Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 11-27-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: *** OFFICIAL 12/03/07 NFL MNF GAME THREAD (NE @ BAL)***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Baltimore a bottom 5 team? Not a chance. Their defense is good enough to prevent them from being that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

This perception is why they are 1-10 ATS this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the perception that they are a good team is why they are 1-10 ATS. I said they weren't a bottom 5 team.

I've been saying since Week 4 that the Ravens are pretty bad. But which of these teams do you think are better than the Ravens.

49ers
Rams
Bears
Falcons
Panthers
Raiders
Jets
Dolphins
Chiefs

You have to pick five of those teams as being better than the Ravens.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:32 PM

Rams, Bears, Chiefs, Raiders, Panthers
Old 11-27-2007, 04:38 PM

Yeah, there's no way the Rams, Raiders and Panthers are better than the Ravens. I don't think the Bears are either, but that one is probably closer. I'll possibly give you the Chiefs.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Baltimore a bottom 5 team? Not a chance. Their defense is good enough to prevent them from being that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

This perception is why they are 1-10 ATS this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the perception that they are a good team is why they are 1-10 ATS. I said they weren't a bottom 5 team.

I've been saying since Week 4 that the Ravens are pretty bad. But which of these teams do you think are better than the Ravens.

49ers
Rams
Bears
Falcons
Panthers
Raiders
Jets
Dolphins
Chiefs

You have to pick five of those teams as being better than the Ravens.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said that they were one of the worst 8 teams in the NFL, and that personally I thought they were one of the 5 worst. The reason I said it like this is because I realize some people will never agree that they are bottom 5 right now.

So I'll look at your list and name SIX teams I think are better than the Ravens, and then you can disagree with me (seems like a pointless exercise).

Bears, Chiefs, Raiders, Falcons, Jets, Rams

Anyway, you shouldn't get hung up on the worst 5 in the NFL comment. I already realize that many will disagree with me. The major point was that Baltimore is terrible, and should not be compared to Philly. They should be compared to teams like the Rams, Panthers, Jets, Dolphins, or Falcons. They are a really bad team. They are not an average team, nor are they comparable to Philly.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:17 PM

I got Pats -20.5
Old 11-27-2007, 10:35 PM

PO,

Fair enough, although I really enjoy debating about stuff like that. But I would love to see evidence that the Raiders, Falcons, Jets and Rams are better than the Ravens, because I don't see how anyone could possibly say that.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:11 AM

Post-Oak is right that Balt is one of the worst teams in the NFL right now...at least playing like one.

None-the-less, the 24.5 spread is still 3-8 right now, and over 21 isn't a whole lot better. It's a road game against a team with literally nothing going for it other than a hope to knock off an undefeated and then knock off the team that ruined the city's lives in the playoffs last year. They'll be up and playing hard these next two games. The crowd will also probably at least start with interest in the game.

They still suck, but if the line goes 22.5 I may bet Balt. 21.5 is iffy. I'm liking 22.5 a LOT better cause I think two FG is more realistic than a TD for Balt. I can easily see a 35-13 or 42-20 game here, certainly with a back-door late TD which the Ravens have been doing recently.

Between opening and where it's at now I'm not thrilled either way and think it's a no-play. 21.5 is where I start to lean Balt. Despite the super-close-call last weekend, the public is still pushing this line hard...probably too hard.

- C -
Old 11-29-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
None-the-less, the 24.5 spread is still 3-8 right now, and over 21 isn't a whole lot better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still not sure how people can quote these facts and escape ridicule here. NE is 8-3 against a -20.5 spread. They have also outscored their opponents by an average of 23.4 points. There, I guess I just proved what a great play NE -20.5 is.

This amounts to an "angle", and is not worth talking about. You have to look at the two teams playing, the circumstances surrounding the game, the location, injuries, etc. I don't much care what NE did against some arbitrary number, especially when moving the number a couple of points can swing the record around completely.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:38 AM

I am undecided on betting the spread again this week. However, the over(50.5) looks intriguing once again, but NE will have to cover this pretty much by themselves. Maybe that makes the under a decent play? But then again, NE is averaging over 40pts/game this year so it wouldn't take much from BAL to cover the 50.5.

NE totals have now gone over 50pts 8/11 games. The lowest so far was 44.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:58 AM

Umm... The 2nd and 4th best Ds in the league and Over is the clear play?!?!

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]