Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 11-19-2007, 07:02 PM

Default $33NLTRN 2nd pair vs aggro

Hi

Villain had raised almost all my c-bets lately and I had missed every flop and just folded, now I hit 2nd pair and was sick of him pushing me around, not sure if its such a great play though.

Full Tilt (2 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of 40.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to 160</font>, BB calls.

pot:320
Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets 200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to 640</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises 1355 (All-In)</font>, BB calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Old 11-19-2007, 07:45 PM

Default Re: $33NLTRN 2nd pair vs aggro

Does villain call most of your preflop raises? If so, I would limp or fold this preflop. I'd probably fold but maybe limp if he's shown the tendency to allow limping. Getting it in here feels really [censored] but if you feel he is just being way too aggro then it's probably not bad. I'd have tried to play a smaller pot by limping though (if I decided to play the hand at all).

IMO
Old 11-19-2007, 08:06 PM

Yeah, you're not giving yourself a lot of room too maneuver raising 4x here against an aggro player.

I wouldn't mind getting it in with this flop against this guy, but you really put yourself in a tough spot preflop. What if you miss, cbet and he raises; you're losing 25% of your stack with a pretty bad hand.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:02 PM

The blinds are 40/80 so its a minraise, problably should have folded it preflop though, was kinda carddead so looking for hand to play and he liked to make bigraises when i limped so I didnt want to limp.