Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 10:51 AM

Default NL 100 HU cash - tough spot

Sorry. [poker tracker didn't catch this hand.
Villain is a bad player who has been running hot/sucked out on me twice in the mach so far. He definately isn't bluffing here.

Full Tilt Poker Game
villain ($367)
hero ($155)
villain posts the small blind of $.50
hero posts the big blind of $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to hero [5s 7h]
villain calls $.50
hero checks
*** FLOP *** [Kh 10s 7d]
hero checks
villain checks
*** TURN *** [Kh 10s 7d] [5c]
hero bets $2
villain raises to $10
hero calls $8
*** RIVER *** [Kh 10s 7d 5c] [5h]
hero checks
villain bets $24
hero raises to $76
villain moves all-in
Old 11-19-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Re: NL 100 HU cash - tough spot

You do realize that you have a full house, right?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:02 AM

no didn't notice that
Old 11-19-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no didn't notice that

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious or are you making fun? Because if you just had two pair it would be interesting spot.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:03 PM

i actually think its still an interesting spot - i have no idea if villain is the type to limp with KK or TT here (the most reasonable hands we lose to because the chances of 77 and K5 and T5 are so severely reduced by what's in our hand and on the board) but if s/he is then s/he's probably also the type to check-behind the flop after hitting a set. i think villain would play these hands with the same line in OP so it's really just a matter of figuring out what other crap villain could do this with.

when you say "s/he's not bluffing" - does that mean that villain isn't doing this with A5, KT, etc? do they understand they're turning their top two into a bluff if they shove here? i think stuff like this needs to be factored into the question of whether or not villain is bluffing even tho i agree that bad players pretty much never shove-three-bet all-in as a bluff [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i think for me the biggest reason this is would be a call is pot-size, altho as i type this i get the feeling i'm using that as a crutch. after villain shoves on the river, there is like $170 in the pot and we have $70 left in our stack. villain's shove isn't even a min-raise and i don't really know how i could find a fold getting 2.5:1 at the time but i understand what you're asking because we (a)have shown a lot of strength, (b)at least appear pot committed, and yet (c) villain has still pushed.

maybe the problem is the river check/raise but it seems okay - did you have any plan for this line of events? i would feel pretty confident about a bet/call (unless we bet and villain shoved in which case that would also be sickening) because there's hardly any draws for villain to semi-bluff raise the turn with and then fire again on the river after missing so i think that might be the best way to get value out of KQ-type hands which i expect to fold to the river check/raise anyways.

interesting hand,
bbbushu

p.s. i think with 2-pair the river would be badly butchered and an auto-fold to the three-bet
Old 11-19-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no didn't notice that

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious or are you making fun? Because if you just had two pair it would be interesting spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I know that I have a full house. I'm just not sure what my opponent could possibly have. It's pretty clear that he is not bluffing once he pushes his stack in. The question is, will my opponent ever be dumb emough to do this with a bare 7?
Old 11-19-2007, 01:03 PM

Great insight, thanks.

Well by bluffing, I mean total air.

I think this is villains range: KK, 1010, 77, 107, K7, and K5, and A5. Maybe, Q7 or K7, and that's not really likely. I think K10 is not part of his range after he pushes his stack in.

I think the only hand I realistically beat is A7. Is this a insta fold, or do I have to call based on the fact that he is a donk?

Edit: The reason I check raised the river is becuase he was starting to get very agressive. I knew he was going to bet the river no matter what, and I wanted to put in a c/r to make it looks like I was pulling off a big bluff.

Like I said, I had been coolered twice up to this point and he probably thinks I am tilting.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:51 PM

en p,

sorry why are A7 and Q7 in this range at all? assuming that T7 and K7 are in villain's range, how are those hands any different to villain than KT? are you just confusing the 7 with the 5?
Old 11-19-2007, 02:55 PM

Readless this is an absolute snapcall. Of the hands that bat us, the only legitimate ones are K5 and T5. Is villain the kind of guy who would limp KK/TT/77 and then check behind flopped set? Need more info. As is, I've seen plays like this from AK, AA, and definitely something like 65 could be in his range.

From his perspective, how can he put you on 75? I'd call.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:47 PM

I really don't see how this is a difficult spot. Yes, you get coolered occasionally in HU like any other dynamic, but this is the type of full house you rarely have anything to worry about. If the board's paired twice it's different.

Were you coolered, or did you slow roll w/ a hand you would never dream of folding haha