Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 12:11 AM

Default RUSTY KICKS BUTT!

Holy smoke, you guys, Rusty is like 2nd in the $10 Razz $1000 guarantee trny on Poker Stars-

GO RAIL HIM I am in another trny

Trny no. 64650380

Way ta go, Rusty!!
Old 10-25-2007, 12:20 AM

Default Re: RUSTY KICKS BUTT!

The people at the final table are actually pretty good, although appropriate strategy for short stacks is actually not too complicated.

And I am getting lucky at all the right times. Which never has happened before.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:00 AM

She closed the window because I am screaming in her ear and she's chip leader in her own trny-

whatever happens

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

RUSTY BROOKS TRNY GREAT!

edit: I saw you finished 2nd - HUGE congrats - what a nice payday for a micro huh?
Old 10-25-2007, 01:03 AM

I made 2nd. I need heads up coaching or something, I think I played the 2nd to last level quite badly. I took stands in all the wrong places and I know I folded the best hand several times.

Here was the final hand.

Tournament - Razz - Level XX (20,000/40,000), Ante 4,000, Bring-In 6,000 (converter)

Seat 4: 170,240
Hero: 165,760

3rd Street - (0.40 SB)

Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls

4th Street - (2.40 SB)

Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (2.20 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (4.20 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises 6240 to 86240 and is all-in
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls 1760 and is all-in

River - (8.40 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___all-in
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___all-in

Total pot: (8.40 BB)

Tournament - Razz - Level XX (20,000/40,000), Ante 4,000, Bring-In 6,000 (converter)

Seat 4: 170,240
Hero: 165,760

3rd Street - (0.40 SB)

Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls

4th Street - (2.40 SB)

Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (2.20 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (4.20 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises 6240 to 86240 and is all-in
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls 1760 and is all-in

River - (8.40 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___all-in
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___all-in

Total pot: (8.40 BB)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot 331520

Seat 4: [Jd 4d 7h 3s 8d 2c 6s] (Lo: 7,6,4,3,2)

Hero: [Qc 4s 8h 7s 3d 5h 5c] (Lo: 8,7,5,4,3)

</font>
Old 10-25-2007, 01:13 AM

It does feel good to win 2nd, although I am kicking myself for not winning 1st. Man what a grueling trip though, it started at what, 6:45 my time and ended at midnight.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:34 AM

Congrats, Razz tournment poot me on life-tilt. I'm simply impressed by your ability to play in one of these things for that long
Old 10-25-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It does feel good to win 2nd, although I am kicking myself for not winning 1st.

[/ QUOTE ]
It always feels bad to go out of a trny anyplace but first. When you get done with that I hope you celebrate your victory, it was a pretty nice payday and you worked your ass off for it.

I watch a lot of HU and it looks like you either get two players who play a real conservative game like last night when they played so long I gave up watching. Or you get a couple aggro players who just tear each other up gambling because they don't want to sit there forever.

Watching, I think I would have completed a lot of those bring-ins where the upcards were 8 or better. Not just yours but his. And I call with any two 6 or under HU. Of course, sometimes you don't get two 6 or under.

But I'm no expert.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:48 AM

I'm no expert either. Just lost 15 BBs after a few hours to donkeys who were calling raises with cards as high as a King (Yes a king) and even calling after catching two queens and tons of garbage.

A few hours is probably not enough to draw any conclusions but I had sat there wondering how one could play a tournament well in Razz, when even with static ante in a ring game, the luck factor seems terribly high.

BTW, I don't ever remember coming across a book strictly dedicated to razz. Do they exist, or just went the way of the dinosaur?
Old 10-25-2007, 05:03 AM

Limit lowball tournaments are usually huge luckfests.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:30 AM

Sklansky on Poker has a section dedicated to Razz. That's the only book I know of.

My opponent heads up was actually pretty aggressive, and I found him quite confusing at times. There was a time where I had, I think, 28K and was the bringin, he completed with a K up, I raised, he called. 4th gave us BOTH an 8, so it was xxK8 vs my 28K8 - and I believe he led out. At the time I read that for a totally [censored] bet, but there was no way I felt I could call.

This tournament was by no means a donkey fest. My table was actually 5-6 handed the first hour, because 3 players sat out (I assume, to escape the boredom of the low ante beginning? It didn't hurt then much, about 15-20% of their stacks. One of them made 400 chips first and then sat out). Of those 6, only one seemed too aggressive. The others were too passive on 3rd (not enough completing or raising) and some of them were too easy to read after 4th (ok, you don't like your hand when you are showing xxA28 but now you like it when you're showing xxA282?)

I saw almost no completely-donkey-calldowns, no open-completing with trash, not too much stupid bluffing, etc. The only consistently stupid behavior I saw was not giving up on steals... people would (correctly) open with AK5, get raised, call, hit a good 4th, bet, and then get locked into the hand.

BTW this is the best part about pokerstars... I got to see up front and close some terrible mistakes that I made, because I knew my opponent's hole cards for sure. In one really bad instance I read an opponent for a good 3 card starting hand when he really had a K down, and I gave him a free card on 4th because I believed that his hand was much better than mine at the time, and I did not want to risk getting check-raised.