Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 10-20-2007, 06:01 PM

Default 5 max stats 2/4 \'til 5/10

I'm thankful for any review of my stats.
What am I doing wrong at 5/10? It has started really good there but then I had a huge down. I don't see much difference between the players at 5/10 at 3/6, just a little bit more aggressive. There are still some 50+ 60+ vpip guys at the table.

Rakeback is not included so I still made some profit with 5/10 but it really sucks to lose over so many hands.

my 5/10 graph [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: 5 max stats 2/4 \'til 5/10

I've played with you before at 5/10
there is one aspect in particular about your game that I think is pretty bad

the thing is that I really don't want to help you out. why should I tell you what your leaks are, making my games tougher, when you've never helped me out in any way by contributing to the forums

having your first post being a stats post makes you come off as a dick imo
Old 10-20-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What am I doing wrong at 5/10?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most likely nothing.

Yes, variance can be a bitch sometimes.

It's usually pretty hard to give any constructive criticism based on stats, but one thing that looks a bit off to me is, that your VPIP from SB is nearly identical for all 3 levels. What is the blind structure?
Old 10-20-2007, 07:37 PM

If you play on Ongame and are the person I think, You are a solid player and It's just variance. It's funny I never thought that kind of blind defense was optimal for ongame games but you have a very good winrate at 3/6 even though the sample is quite small.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:13 AM

I remember one player from the past who had a similar type of a score at 5-10 after winning there first a ton; his problem was that he wasn't aggressive enough (and he was playing four tables and many times some of them without an edge). He improved his game and started to win the usual 2bb/100 again (per table) in the good games of party in the past.

You say the games are not too much different than those at 3-6. That doesn't necessarily mean one is not missing the differences, in case it would be mandatory to start to think about the game from the beginning and not repeat the old formula. In my case that would mean one tabling (the above party player continued to four table).

Some time ago there was one who was also playing Ongame, 3-6, and at 80-90K of hands (you have 110-120K) he had just went through an 800 big bets losing streak that looks too much to me, though he clearly had some leaks (and should have moved much earlier to 2-4 to protect his BR) but running 50K or more hands overly good (2bb/100) is not normal, so it looks like one might need to cool off at 50K of hands (per limit or whatever), that's nothing new online as far as I have experienced (though one runs into bigger losing streaks more likely the longer one plays but there's a limit to everything).

In those cases, picking another site or maybe just another skin, just might help (I started to play more at Ongame when my Stars game started to run into fish I couldn't beat anymore, and any time I was playing Ongame things were running good and any time I was playing Stars things were running bad, sick, just later things cooled but during the bad times at Stars, Ongame was good to me), or one might put in some limits like a max of two hours per day or whatever works wherever one is playing at.

After one gets a mentioned red flag at any place, it might stay there for 6-18 months, though more likely it's one is not playing as well as one thinks one is or one has run into a longer losing streak, but still there's no reason why one should not pick another site till things start to run better again.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:17 AM

you think you are bad? im down $2k playing 8k hands of 5/10