Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Need help with ruling

Last night with a ~$650 pot with three players all-in, myself and the player to my left table a J high straight, player to my right shows 9 high straight and fourth playe says "I'm [censored]" and tosses cards forward, face down. Her boyfriend grabs her crds from the edge of the muck and says turn them over anyway and HE flips them over, showing a full house. I call the floor and it is ruled that she did not muck and her hand holds up. To me this is the completly wrong decision as she made a verbal and physical indication of conceding the hand, it also helped her that 4 or 5 of her friends were at the table and disputed what myself and the other guy with the straight said. Is this the correct ruling of am I an angleshooting douche?
Old 09-23-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Need help with ruling

She actively threw her cards away. That is a fold. You were not angleshooting.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:04 PM

Cards were almost touching the muck pile when they were pulled back.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:15 PM

I don't care if the cards were touching the muck or not. They were tossed forward face down with the obvious intent to fold. If THAT player had instantly grabbed them back, I'd let her play them, but this violated one-player-to-a-hand. Part of the game is knowing what you hold, and if you aren't smart enough to figure that out on your own all you have to do is table it at every showdown to get help. If you're mucking 'em face down at the showdown I presume it's because you don't want your opponents to know what you were holding, so if this bit of attempted strategy backfires on you I don't have a lot of sympathy.

You got screwed.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:11 PM

Ya about 10 minutes after making this call, the floorman came back and said that he made an error in awarding the pot the way he did, no apology, no comp or anything.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:48 PM

Her hand is the best hand it, it was tabled. She should get the pot and her boyfriend needs to be invited to leave.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Her hand is the best hand it, it was tabled. She should get the pot and her boyfriend needs to be invited to leave.

[/ QUOTE ]
Meep? Her hand was mucked, not tabled. A person not even in the hand reached out and turned the cards over. NO WAY! She gets not a penny.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Meep? Her hand was mucked, not tabled. A person not even in the hand reached out and turned the cards over. NO WAY! She gets not a penny.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know she wasn't about to do the same thing, but now due to the other persons actions she wasn't able to?

You don't. Thats why she gets the pot and the interfering person leaves.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know she wasn't about to do the same thing, but now due to the other persons actions she wasn't able to?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so if I am sitting in seat 9 next to the muck, and instead of the boyfriend turning up the hand, I turn it for [censored] and grins. Does she still win? What if the dealer turns it up?

One player to a hand, sorry.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so if I am sitting in seat 9 next to the muck, and instead of the boyfriend turning up the hand, I turn it for [censored] and grins. Does she still win? What if the dealer turns it up?

One player to a hand, sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you agree with me that if she reached out and turned up the cards she would have the winning hand, I can't see how you would allow another person (player or spectator) to take away her ability to reach out and turn over the cards. But that is what you are suggesting (gee I reach out and turn them over they are dead so I don't have to worry that she does it)he way to enforce the one player to a hand rule here is to kick out the boyfriend, but not kill her hand.